Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
About other gods-question for theists
About other gods-question for theists
As a theist you believe in a god. But what about all the other gods? How can you say yours is the only true god when the fellow next to you has his own holy book or ways of worship?
How do you know there is not more than one, are maybe you are worshipping different faces of the same supernatural being who is having a laugh?
If your god is the true one, why does he allow other gods to be worshipped?
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
RE: About other gods-question for theists
Because Jesus speaks to their hearts, silly! :p
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
You're last question (why does God let other theists worship other gods) seems to be easy for Abrahamic theists to answer: free will.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Yeah, these other gods are just products of man. You won't stump them with this line of reasoning.

Now, other religions do have uses when debunking certain lines of apologetics. For example: when talking to a theist that claims their belief comes from a personal, divine revelation, you can point out that adherents of other religions make the same claim. Their only options are:
  • Ignore you
  • Claim you're/they're lying
  • Claim their revelations are born out of confusion, but there's are the really real deal (with no explanation how you can tell the difference).
  • Invoke some "all religions worship the same god" argument (which sort of cheapens the whole thing).
My wife is a bit of a fan of the last approach. She said she thought all religions were "correct" in that they all point to the same true god. I told her that she still thinks Christianity is more correct. When she disagreed, I asked her if Jesus is the son of God or if he's just a prophet and not the son of God (like Islam claims). She admitted that she thought Christianity was more correct, but she still feels all religions point to the same god in some way or another.
Careful!, Zeus is getting very angry.
and he has a point too!

He wants to know why the "new age" god is more popular. Has he got more credibility than him! Is it the clothes he wears?
He says that people just worship any bullshit god they get told about these days.

He just can't believe how gullible mankind has become...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Zeus is so yesterday
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
Same as RobbyPants mentioned and honestly you cannot speak to these people logically their brains do not function properly I am thinking of writing a Doctoral Thesis on the subject.

On the christian forum I am on, I asked for their opinion on the Pope's statement that atheists can now go to heaven as well, no one answered the question or even tried they all posted stupid shit like:

"The question is are YOU going to heaven", or "why did you even join"

So their answer will most likely be a combination of deflection, evasion, redirection, und total lack of answering the question all together.
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
Why can't religious people just say:
Yes, it doesn't make a lot of sense, I can't prove it scientifically or logically, but I want to believe there is a god.

That's it. ... We're all friends! Let's go make some pink cookies together!

I can't understand how nature can create humans with no reasoning capabilities.
I wouldv'e thought that reasoning is just another survival instinct.

Seriously, is there a possibility that their genome has drifted so far away, that science is at the stage of re-classifying these types of life forms?

I like "homo ignoramus"...... But then, that's just my vanity talking..... Hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The fundies will tell you that it's Satan tricking them.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'd like to see Odin kick their asses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10900 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 6380 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 706 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 23096 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 6150 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20522 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2316 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10506 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 1958 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question to theists purplepurpose 172 26059 June 21, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: purplepurpose