Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS is on Twitter... lol.
ISIS is on Twitter... lol.
Yes the group currently causing everyone concern in Iraq is very popular on Twitter. Their tag is #AllEyesOnISIS.

I've already earned a few curses in the name of Allah (go me!) for telling these nut cases what a great religion it is that they follow. Try it. It's quite fun.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: ISIS is on Twitter... lol.
I know this is awful but it's starting to be a little funny.
Say what you want about them but they know how to market themselves!

"Yesterday, Facebook pulled down the page for Zirah Moslem, an Indonesia-based apparel company that sold t-shirts and hoodies emblazoned with ISIS logos."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/isis-t-sh...ller-page/
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
I tried to use twitter once, didn't really get it .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Their marketing campaign has been cited as a reason as to why many Muslims living in Europe (and most likely the US) have contributed either money or indeed their lives to their cause.

They've tapped into the the 'youth' market with great effectiveness, and their propaganda campaign is impossible to match at this moment in time.

If we were looking for a real, regional threat to the entirety of the Middle East then I don't think it's too much of a stretch to cite ISIS as that threat. Let's thank our stars, ironically, that Iraq didn't have any WMDs otherwise ISIS is surely the group that would end up using them.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: If we were looking for a real, regional threat to the entirety of the Middle East then I don't think it's too much of a stretch to cite ISIS as that threat. Let's thank our stars, ironically, that Iraq didn't have any WMDs otherwise ISIS is surely the group that would end up using them.
Er, I think that threat already exists. Just over the border is Iran with an increasing nuke program, a genocidal desire to wipe Israel off the map, and a belief that they can hasten the "end times" by fomenting apocalyptic war:

"For those unacquainted with the more obscure tenets of Islamic theology, the 12th Imam is held by devout Shi’ite Muslims to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammed who went into “occlusion” in the ninth century at the age of five and hasn’t been seen since. The Hidden Imam, as he is also known by his followers, will only return after a period of cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed — what Christians call the Apocalypse — and then lead the world into an era of universal peace."
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/09/will-t...-with-iran
What did mohammed have to say about Twitter?
(June 25, 2014 at 9:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What did mohammed have to say about Twitter?

It's young, I should marry it!
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 25, 2014 at 9:25 pm)mralstoner Wrote:
(June 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: If we were looking for a real, regional threat to the entirety of the Middle East then I don't think it's too much of a stretch to cite ISIS as that threat. Let's thank our stars, ironically, that Iraq didn't have any WMDs otherwise ISIS is surely the group that would end up using them.
Er, I think that threat already exists. Just over the border is Iran with an increasing nuke program, a genocidal desire to wipe Israel off the map, and a belief that they can hasten the "end times" by fomenting apocalyptic war:

"For those unacquainted with the more obscure tenets of Islamic theology, the 12th Imam is held by devout Shi’ite Muslims to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammed who went into “occlusion” in the ninth century at the age of five and hasn’t been seen since. The Hidden Imam, as he is also known by his followers, will only return after a period of cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed — what Christians call the Apocalypse — and then lead the world into an era of universal peace."
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/09/will-t...-with-iran

Perhaps you're right, however I think people overestimate the power of Iran, not to mention underestimate the power of the movement for modernity within it.

It was only a couple of years ago that there were countrywide demonstrations in Iran to give greater freedoms to its people. Sure the ayatollahs are dangerous lunatics, but I don't think they're as an immediate a threat as ISIS and it's ever increasing conscription are, at least for Europe and the surrounding area. Don't read this as me disregarding the threat of Iran, but I think the emergence of ISIS and it's frankly overwhelming success in the ME is a bigger concern at the moment. They are alien to modern statecraft and any sort of international policy and law. They don't subscribe to any of it, not even state boundaries. Conventional sanctions won't work against them like they sort of do against Iran.

I know a number of Iranians who live here in England and I can't remember one of them speaking fondly about the theocracy to which they live under, except maybe one guy who was related to someone in their puppet government I think.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 26, 2014 at 5:27 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: ... ISIS ... are alien to modern statecraft and any sort of international policy and law. They don't subscribe to any of it, not even state boundaries. Conventional sanctions won't work against them like they sort of do against Iran.
They are a wildcard, that is true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to the war on ISIS? WinterHold 53 14727 February 9, 2019 at 8:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  CCTV footage of ISIS stabbing in Australia mralstoner 10 2587 September 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  "ISIS is not Islamic Aegon 107 16447 February 24, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  ISIS releases song in Chinese mralstoner 9 2566 December 28, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  Some facts you need to know about ISIS Mystic 24 4547 December 16, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why ISIS fight TubbyTubby 4 1664 September 17, 2015 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Birmingham Quran fragments older than Muhammad...lol ReptilianPeon 28 7919 September 3, 2015 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tomi Lahren schools Obama on ISIS and Chattanooga mralstoner 8 4072 July 25, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Ten facts you never knew about Muhammad's religion (lol) ReptilianPeon 11 4199 May 27, 2015 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Prince
  Is ISIS really ''un-Islamic''? TheMessiah 11 2873 May 10, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: JuliaL