Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why ISIS fight
Why ISIS fight
An interesting article about the Jihadis uprising in Syria. While the fundi Christians get excited about their rapture prophecies, their Muslim counterparts are actively arranging for one of their own to be realised.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/se...syria-iraq

Quote:"One of the earliest sayings of the Prophet Muhammad – a hadith – mentions Dabiq as the location of a fateful showdown between Christians and Muslims which will be a precursor to the apocalypse. According to another prophecy, this confrontation will come after a period of truce between Muslims and Christians, during which Muslims – and only puritanical Sunnis fit the definition – would fight an undefined enemy, which in northern Syria today is deemed to be “Persians”.
Quote:“The Hour will not be established until the Romans [Christians] land at Dabiq,” the hadith says. “Then an army from Medina of the best people on the earth at that time will leave for them … So they will fight them. Then one third of [the fighters] will flee; Allah will never forgive them. One third will be killed; they will be the best martyrs with Allah. And one third will conquer them; they will never be afflicted with sorrow. Then they will conquer Constantinople.”

Quote:Nusra in April 2013, Abu Muhammad, the Lebanese fighter who had tried to detain me in northern Syria, was killed while participating in an attack on a regime air base near the Turkish border. He had foreshadowed his own death during our long conversation two months earlier. “I want this more than you want life,” he had said. “This is our destiny.”

We talked more about his belief that those who lived in a western economy, earned a wage, paid taxes and took part in a community life that was not Islamic were just as deviant as those who had renounced their faith. For him, there was no room for compromise on what made a person worthy of an afterlife, or eternal damnation.
RE: Why ISIS fight
Religious wars seem to be the same as gang wars.

The main difference is the gangs often can't remember why they are fighting; the religious warriors carry their reason around at all times.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
A part of me I'm rather ashamed to admit exists wonders how their prophecies would factor in being obliterated by nuclear strikes.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Allah is proven weaker and weaker every time one of them feels the need to act on Allah's behalf.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 17, 2015 at 7:49 am)Iroscato Wrote: A part of me I'm rather ashamed to admit exists wonders how their prophecies would factor in being obliterated by nuclear strikes.

We have some wonderful drugs that will eliminate them without all of the collateral damage.  The fight could be over in a week if we wanted it to be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7837 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  What happened to the war on ISIS? WinterHold 53 14656 February 9, 2019 at 8:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  CCTV footage of ISIS stabbing in Australia mralstoner 10 2573 September 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  "ISIS is not Islamic Aegon 107 16419 February 24, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  ISIS releases song in Chinese mralstoner 9 2558 December 28, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  Some facts you need to know about ISIS Mystic 24 4545 December 16, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Tomi Lahren schools Obama on ISIS and Chattanooga mralstoner 8 4066 July 25, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Is ISIS really ''un-Islamic''? TheMessiah 11 2867 May 10, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: JuliaL
  ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not! JesusHChrist 33 8238 March 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: comet
  What ISIS Really Wants JesusHChrist 20 4505 February 18, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: JuliaL