Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:38 am

Poll: Would you willingly die if you knew in 3 days you would become God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
43.75%
7 43.75%
No
56.25%
9 56.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jesus' Sacrifice
Jesus' Sacrifice
The sacrifice Jesus made for our sins...

...Not much of a sacrifice is it?

It's often called the greatest gesture of kindness imaginable, but in reality it was not so much a sacrifice, but more along the lines of winning every major lottery draw on earth in a single week, every week, for all of eternity - it's the best damn deal anyone has ever had...

God: "Hey, Jesus, i'm going to need you to sacrifice yourself for mankind to save them from their sins"

Jesus: "Oh really, ummm... Not my favourite idea, but you're going to burn me forever if i refuse so yeah, alright"

God: "Don't worry, it's not that bad, you'll only be dead for the weekend, then you get to rise from the dead and become the supreme ruler of the universe"

Jesus: "No shit, that sounds awesome, when can we get started?"

This is about as far removed from 'sacrifice' as i can imagine Smile But lets see what you all think.
RE: Jesus' Sacrifice
Not much of a sacrifice at all. If it were true.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Not so much as a sacrifice as it was a delayed inauguration really.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
I wonder, what Jesus was doing during those 3 days he was 'dead'? maybe playing a round of Poker with the talking snake and the 'Big Fish' than Jonah lived inside of.
He was probably bitching about God and having himself a good sulk.

"Fucking God, he said NOTHING about the damn crown of thorns or spear to the side!!"
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
1. If God wasn't fully man.. then it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice.. but he was.

2. Jesus was already God
So God is fully man? Huh
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
why does god needs to be a human?
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
(January 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm)Saerules Wrote: So God -is _was_ fully man? Huh

Yes

(January 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm)A897 Wrote: why does god needs to be a human?

*forehead slap* Wink

Just to make it even simpler for humans to understand.
(January 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: 1. If God wasn't fully man.. then it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice.. but he was.

Except he wasn't, he was the transcendent mind and a human at the same time, so his 3 day inconvenience wasn't even a total inconvenience as he still existed in full during the time in question. He didn't even have to stop 'being' for a second.

Tell me, how does any of this gets remotely close to Sacrifice?

Quote:2. Jesus was already God

Is he God or like God? After Jesus died is there still a separate mind of Jesus in heaven in your view? Or did the minds merge?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacrifice Shuffle 82 12573 August 29, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Jesus sacrifice and why it didn't count dyresand 30 5092 August 1, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jesus' Sacrifice Nope 59 11436 March 9, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7198 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Why is Christ's death considered a sacrifice? RobbyPants 74 15708 August 8, 2014 at 2:08 am
  Child Sacrifice in the Old Testament Mudhammam 91 26628 January 28, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  "WHAT" sacrifice truthBtold 12 4282 January 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice? Ucaslog1 101 31576 November 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Why blood sacrifice? Raven 38 14411 July 19, 2013 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  What Sacrifice ? Cinjin 96 27318 April 17, 2013 at 7:27 pm