Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about atheist youtube personalities?
How do you feel about atheist youtube personalities?
I have been a fan of TheAmazingAtheist for many years. I'm also a fan of Jacqueline Glenn and CultOfDusty. I get a lot of flack, even from atheists, when I say I'm a fan of The Amazing Atheist. I don't see what's so bad about him. I personally find him to be very funny and I can relate to pretty much everything he says. He often articulates his arguments very well. I never miss a video of The Amazing Atheist. Another good channel is Darkmatter2525 who does all the satirical cartoons about bible stories. I've seen every episode of that series. Jacqueline Glenn and CultOfDusty have been more recent interests of mine. CultOfDusty swears a bit too much for my taste, but I like the things he has to say. Got any favorite channels of your own?
RE: How do you feel about atheist youtube personalities?
I'm also a fan of TAA and I don't see the problem with him. (Although I prefer his older videos) I'm also subscribed to all the others except CultOfDusty, because his voice annoys me.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

I like all that are on the Atheist Experience show, their also not arrogant about their atheism which I like.
(September 14, 2014 at 10:43 pm)psychoslice Wrote: I like all that are on the Atheist Experience show, their also not arrogant about their atheism which I like.

I just check out that channel. Good lord, are all the videos an hour long? There's like 900 videos and they're all an hour long. That's ridiculous.
(September 14, 2014 at 11:34 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: I just check out that channel. Good lord, are all the videos an hour long? There's like 900 views and they're all an hour long. That's ridiculous.

It is better to listen to it as a podcast.There isn't much to see on the videos really.
(September 14, 2014 at 11:34 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote:
(September 14, 2014 at 10:43 pm)psychoslice Wrote: I like all that are on the Atheist Experience show, their also not arrogant about their atheism which I like.

I just check out that channel. Good lord, are all the videos an hour long? There's like 900 views and they're all an hour long. That's ridiculous.

There are full shows and segments of shows, there very good.
I listen to The Thinking Atheist and The Atheist Experience every so often, as well as a Ustream show called Road to Reason. I personally don't like The Amazing Atheist just because, although I understand why he has his fans, I don't like it when people go out of their way to be "politically incorrect"- there's a difference between pushing the envelope and being an asshole, which for me is the difference between Jon Stewart and Tosh.0.

For instance, he was an ass to vegetarians and vegans in one of his videos. On the flip side though, The Vegan Atheist in replying to TAA thinks all meat-eaters are idiots and murderers...somehow. My favorite by far is DarkMatter2525, and he's actually did a pilot for a new series that I absolutely love/wish I was smart enough to think up myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA5PlJiqOnk
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
(September 14, 2014 at 11:34 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote:

I just check out that channel. Good lord, are all the videos an hour long? There's like 900 videos and they're all an hour long. That's ridiculous.

Well, it's a full length TV show, hence the length. I'd seriously recommend the podcast format you can get from the official site too, and a bunch of people unaffiliated with the show put clips of some of the more fun calls in little ten minute chunks out there, if you search for them.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Armored Skeptic. His videos are more entertaining than a lot of atheist youtubers, visually pretty fun, and though he doesn't go super in depth into his various rebuttals, it does keep things paced well.

"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The only personality I can name is TheoreticalBullshit. I've only seen two of his videos, but they were both pretty good.

I generally don't seek out religious stuff on YouTube, so I know next to nothing about all of the popular personalities. I tend to just click on whatever interesting thing I find linked on other sources.
If you're talking about youtube commentators only then I must say I appreciate The Atheist Voice very much and I think he speaks for most atheists - I'm not saying he represents my ideas fully, but in my case there's many views I don't share with my fellow atheists, so we could say I'm not the norm.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2067 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4640 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Posted comments on Youtube gets deleted Ferrocyanide 16 1901 April 19, 2020 at 6:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2810 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 4958 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 13803 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3525 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do UK atheists feel about the Monarchy? drfuzzy 55 5742 November 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 6956 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 23302 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue