Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering water is probably unnecessary...
Filtering water is probably unnecessary...
I used to think that I needed to filter my water because of the chlorine but now realize that my kidneys can probably do just as good of a job without the added cost of a Pur water filter.

What do you guys think?
RE: Filtering water is probably unnecessary...
You're fine without. The chlorine is great for keeping nasty viruses and whatnot out of the water, and I'm not sure filters actually remove chlorine completely, at least the Purfilters. They can't even filter viruses, as far as I know, and Cl is much smaller so I don't know exactly how efficient they can be
[Image: Canadatheist3copy.jpg?t=1270015625]
Probably just a scam to bilk me out of my hard earned dollars.
I would say the Chlorine is the least of your worries, it's that Fluorine you need to watch out for.
Flourine is good for you, it strengthens tooth enamel at the dentist. I'll look into it.
Actually it's the nanobots the government spies add to the water post-filtration because of the Lizardmen in parliament
[Image: Canadatheist3copy.jpg?t=1270015625]
I thought Fluorine was added to protect teeth?
It is and kids need the extra flouride to help protect their teeth:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/feed...oride.html

Quote:Fluoride exists naturally in water sources and is derived from fluorine, the thirteenth most common element in the Earth's crust. It is well known that fluoride helps prevent and even reverse the early stages of tooth decay.

Quote:For over 60 years, water fluoridation has proved to be a safe and cost-effective way to reduce dental caries. Today, water fluoridation is estimated to reduce tooth decay by 20-40%. As of 2002, the CDC statistics show that almost 60% of the U.S. population receives fluoridated water through the taps in their homes. Some communities have naturally occurring fluoride in their water; others add it at water-processing plants.

We want our children to have strong healthy teeth don't we? If it is good for kids it is probably good for me too.

Rhizo
If it's in natural water, why are they adding it in? That's the only part that confuses me.
The communities that don't have it naturally ocurring need to add it to get the benefits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cutting Water Bottles Out of Our Lives Shell B 61 10111 January 28, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Have you ever eaten cereal with water before? Virus 19 1518 December 7, 2017 at 3:55 am
Last Post: emjay
  Woke up this morning to no water pressure. Brian37 18 2587 August 9, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4421 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Holey water. Gawdzilla Sama 9 2532 May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dirty toilet water Chad32 12 3208 August 16, 2015 at 10:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Elderly Woman Dies After Wheelchair Rolls Down Hill Into Water Ditch During Fire Drill Tino 3 2183 October 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  That is oor water!!! frankiej 6 2231 March 10, 2012 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist