Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woke up this morning to no water pressure.
Woke up this morning to no water pressure.
Freaked out this morning when my sinks were not pushing out water fast but got a smaller slower drip. All I could fucking think was "great, just what I need.". Well walked outside and heard construction going on blocks away even though I could not see it. Finally asked a neighbor and they were having the same problem. Now either the county was doing something or a private contractor hit a pipe and didn't realize it. Good news for me is it wasn't me. 

So I am sure by this time tomorrow it will be back to normal.
RE: Woke up this morning to no water pressure.
That would be a relief.

I have a well, pump and storage tank. I wake up to no water and whatever it is, I'm on the hook for fixing it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Actually the construction blocks away was not the problem. Turns out they had a major water main break about 6 miles north of me that affects 10s of thousands of people. Funny but my local news station didn't cover the story. Still good news because it was not my own personal pipe.
Me too. But I turned the main off at my parents' house...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
UGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Ok water seems to be coming back, but just about 20 mins ago we had a severe thunderboomer blow through and POW!, Bolt of lightening hit close to my house, funny thing is, lights didn't go out but my cable did, my internet never went out though. Now I have no cable TV......... ARGGGGGGG!

Meh, it will be ok. Just annoying. Enough people complain and I am sure just like the water, there will be a crew out here to fix it at some point.
`Yea! Cable back on now, funny thing is, it is behaving better than before the lightening struck.
(August 8, 2017 at 5:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: `Yea! Cable back on now, funny thing is, it is behaving better than before the lightening struck.

Yet I BET you won't give thanks to God for clearing up your cable!

Typical atheist!

Angry
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 8, 2017 at 5:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 5:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: `Yea! Cable back on now, funny thing is, it is behaving better than before the lightening struck.

Yet I BET you won't give thanks to God for clearing up your cable!

Typical atheist!

Angry

What makes you think I didn't thank ABBA?  Shy
(August 8, 2017 at 5:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 8, 2017 at 5:09 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Yet I BET you won't give thanks to God for clearing up your cable!

Typical atheist!

Angry

What makes you think I didn't thank ABBA?  Shy

Waterloo.
Dying to live, living to die.
Well he did send out an SOS!

(Brace for incoming ABBA jokes)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your morning ritual? EgoDeath 44 2895 October 13, 2019 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Cutting Water Bottles Out of Our Lives Shell B 61 10126 January 28, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  My Future/Pressure ScienceAf 19 2195 January 12, 2018 at 4:47 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Have you ever eaten cereal with water before? Virus 19 1519 December 7, 2017 at 3:55 am
Last Post: emjay
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16352 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  How to tell it's morning... Gawdzilla Sama 22 3913 September 22, 2017 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Joods
  Work From Home Water Cooler Thread Shell B 43 4437 July 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Holey water. Gawdzilla Sama 9 2537 May 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dirty toilet water Chad32 12 3214 August 16, 2015 at 10:15 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Having Surgery in the Morning Rhondazvous 65 6970 August 3, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous