Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK politician called for Jew-free Bradford
UK politician called for Jew-free Bradford
I think George Galloway is a Muslim-sympathetic (with emphasis on pathetic) politician.
Quote:No charges for U.K. lawmaker Galloway on Bradford 'Israel-free zone' speech

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.621148
Oct. 16, 2014

British Parliament Member George Galloway will not face charges for declaring the city of Bradford "an Israel-free zone" – and has now declared the probe against him a "waste of police time," local media reports.

Galloway was questioned by police after complaints over a speech he made in August urging the city to reject all Israeli goods, services, academics and even tourists.

“We don’t want any Israeli goods. We don’t want any Israeli services. We don’t want any Israeli academics, coming to the university or the college," Galloway said at a meeting of the far-left Respect Party in Leeds. “We don’t even want any Israeli tourists to come to Bradford, if any of them had thought of doing so.

“We reject this illegal, barbarous, savage state that calls itself Israel. And you have to do the same.”

The U.K.'s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said that following the investigation, there was insufficient evidence to charge Galloway...
RE: UK politician called for Jew-free Bradford
Just another fucking idiotic.
Dying to live, living to die.
Much better way to demonstrate your displeasure than firing rockets or setting off bombs...... I think the idea that this must make him a muslim sympathiser is a bit over the top. I don't want any israeli business or tourists either (which blows...,because hazera has amazing watermelon and tomato cultivars).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
George Galloway is a Stalinist prick who grandstands to muslim communities about the virtues of their religion whilst decrying anything that even remotely seeks to question his view rose tinted view of the middle east.

His entirely political career since abandoning the Labour Party has been based on bashing Israel and the west, which is of course lapped up by elements within the Islamic communitiew in Bradford and elsewhere that would like to see them all burn.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 16, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Much better way to demonstrate your displeasure than firing rockets or setting off bombs...... I think the idea that this must make him a muslim sympathiser is a bit over the top. I don't want any israeli business or tourists either.

I agree in general.

However, I'm not a believer in cutting off access to Isreali professors, etc.

We can't all control the policies of our governments
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 16, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Much better way to demonstrate your displeasure than firing rockets or setting off bombs...... I think the idea that this must make him a muslim sympathiser is a bit over the top. I don't want any israeli business or tourists either (which blows...,because hazera has amazing watermelon and tomato cultivars).

He's not a 'muslim sympatheiser' rather he overlooks the myriad of isses that exist within islamic communities so he can paint a picture of perfection that will get him elected. That's all respect ever was and ever will be until his unpalatable political beliefs find another protest point to latch onto that appeal to populism.

Who'd have thought a stalinst would be popular?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

Meh, nothing is sacred in an embargo argument in my opinion. You want a state to understand that you think their policies are shit - you send everything back to the docks...even their people. Don't cut em any breaks by reducing their supportive wokload or allowing one to escape containment. Say you've got an israeli professor that you think is worthwhile...good...they need him there.

-sounds like a typical politician Fidel, lol. Don't get me wrong, the guy may be a royal douche, I'm not defending whatever batshittery he gets into, only the idea that a way to enact policy change is to embargo the goods services and people of said nation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
A professor being from Israel is irrelevent unless he's talking about a point about Israel, in which case all Galloway and his Stalinist cohort are advocating are censorship by state, or local government in his case.

Edit: ok I understand. Smile

Oh it's relevant. Allowing someone to come and profit off of your system when your system is opposed to a policy of their government is just the least crappy expression of acquiescence. It's at the very bottom of my list, granted - but I wouldn't let it become standard operating procedure. Thats the negative end, the positive end is up above, obviously.
If we talking about narrow self serving policy aims, such as those seemingly advocated by him, then it's relevent only in so far as one is seeking to censor either a position or a person who happens to be arbitrarily linked to a region and/or people one dislikes. Indeed, debateable whether it's acquiescing. An equally good argument could be made for the idea of allowing those from the given region/state entry to expose those to their views which enables intellectual defeat in open debate. A similar event happened with the BNP at the Oxford Union not long after I'd left where the far right group's leader was invited to talk. A lot of people opposed him turning up, but he did, and his views were exposed.

Fortunately for the UK, and for Bradford, we don't live in a society that endorses that Smile I think it says more about those doing the embargo than the embargoed.

And Galloway, FYI, is anything but typical. He's a blight, but often a necessary one to show the UK electorate what a terrible politican really looks like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Krugman Called It Minimalist 38 6195 October 22, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1459 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Looks like our so called president is creating more enemries NuclearEnergy 5 1313 June 18, 2017 at 9:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hillary Clinton might be the most political politician ever Aegon 20 3388 February 9, 2016 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Nominees for Lying Politician/Pundit of 2014 DeistPaladin 9 2037 December 30, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1425 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Smile Obama called war criminal & hypocrite of the century in Irish Parlament Big Blue Sky 33 11449 June 24, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Japanese politician: rape was necessary during WW2 ideologue08 26 11381 May 22, 2013 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Anti-Semite discovers he's a Jew Epimethean 8 1669 August 15, 2012 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Hitler's Favourite Jew. All Knowing Hippie 4 2881 August 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: All Knowing Hippie