Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "responsible" gun owner.
Another "responsible" gun owner.
Realistic looking BB guns, baseball players shooting their fingers off, and now this. Is anyone else besides me tired of the NRA and gun makers hiding behind the cliche "responsible" gun owner.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/woman...rotection/
RE: Another "responsible" gun owner.
What on earth does that have to do with gun manufacturers? Also, is it really "hiding" to say that people shouldn't be waiving loaded pistols around? I'm sure that you don't think that this is a very good idea anymore than a gun manufacturer does, eh? If a kid stabbed himself while running with scissors.....would you be pointing the fickle finger at 3M?
(lol, the NRA are assholes, I'm sure they'd have something stupid to say, even though they probably won't -have- to say anything stupid on this count.....so carry on in that regard)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Holy crap, MARKETING. The makers scare the crap out of the public about "rights" so they can keep their flooded market and not have to care about the volume they make. "Blame the buyer" and "not our fault".

Not about single individuals or rights. It is about irresponsible marketing and climate. It is about how we think about guns not the fact that people want them. Gun makers market them with fear and narcissism. They want all the benefits of the free market and none of the responsibility of how their marketing affects the thinking of the buyers.

If marketing didn't work in any big business, nothing would get sold. No one is, or should, talk about taking anyone's rights away. But how they market guns is not designed to care about safety. It is designed to keep and expand an already flooded market.
Seen any gun commercials on TV lately? When someone runs their car into a wall, do you blame Toyota?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"Rights" has nothing to do with humans being unaware of how they think and process information. I am talking about the psychology of the climate, and why these conditions we currently have keep repeating.

It is the same evolutionary flawed perception ON ANY SUBJECT MATTER. If it isn't affecting you personally then it isn't doing anyone at all any harm. That is simply not the case. That girl who did that, has a family, regardless of her legal rights. Would that same girl who needlessly got her self killed, make that same argument if it was not her, but watched her own friend do it? My bet is most people do not think before they do something. And the gun makers love, just like many other types of businesses, do not care about what their products do and simply are more concerned about making a buck. It is really no different than Nadar and cars, and oil companies who fought to keep led in gas.

It is about lack of pragmatism and not taking responsibility. It has nothing at all to do with rights. Guns are merely one symptom of a climate in big business that cares more about making money than it should about the conditions of the society they make their money in.

Just because you can staple your nuts to the wall does not mean you should.
Except that gun makers have specifically designed their product to be as safe as any machine can be. The chances of an -actual- "accidental discharge" are next to nil, you'll find more white rhinos...and they would be liable if an AD turns out to -be- an AD rather than an ND. I can tell you right now that this one will be ruled an ND - because it was.

I agree with you that manufacturers should take into account how idiotic people can be, trouble is, the manufacturers in question -have done so-. What is it, exactly, that you think they should do? Just close up shop, send everyone home?
(November 24, 2014 at 10:28 am)Rhythm Wrote: Except that gun makers have specifically designed their product to be as safe as any machine can be. The chances of an -actual- "accidental discharge" are next to nil, you'll find more white rhinos...and they would be liable if an AD turns out to -be- an AD rather than an ND. I can tell you right now that this one will be ruled an ND - because it was.

I agree with you that manufacturers should take into account how idiotic people can be, trouble is, the manufacturers in question -have done so-. What is it, exactly, that you think they should do? Just close up shop, send everyone home?

DODGE! Cars have breaks and air bags, but they cannot be 50 feet wide and go 500 miles an hour, nor can you let a 5 year old drive one.

Once again, you are trying to make an argument I am not making. You are buying into their insidious crap allowing them to maintain a flooded market and and UNSAFE market regardless of legally or illegally purchased guns.

Get this through your head, THIS IS NOT ABOUT RIGHTS. This is not about legal vs illegal. THIS IS ABOUT MARKETING.

The makers do not give one shit about the amount they make or where they end up.
Um..yes they do...firearms are engineered to be pretty damn safe if the user actually follows the instructions. And yes, a 5 year old could get into a car and cause some mayhem, just like a 5 year old can get a hold of a gun and do the same. Which...is why non-idiotic people keep their 5 year olds away from both the driver's seat and a firearm.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
This is about MARKETING, not rights. Knock it off.

You are not going to make this about rights. This is about marketing.
Um..okay...? I don't recall mentioning rights at all but... What about the marketing?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1624 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 111482 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3796 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1096 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2512 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9695 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1742 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  How is a Hotel responsible for firearm sales? Brian37 45 2880 October 8, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1192 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3686 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince