Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jurassic World Trailer
New Jurassic World Trailer
Star Wars trailers are nice and all, but frankly... They do not have dinosaurs. So how about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: New Jurassic World Trailer
And Hollywood keeps making the same movie over and over again.

And people keep going to see it.

Which is the idiot?
Is this a remake?
(December 4, 2014 at 3:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And Hollywood keeps making the same movie over and over again.

And people keep going to see it.

Which is the idiot?

Well, I've seen the other three 10 times, so I really am waiting to see something like that, but not the same. If that makes me a sucker, that's ok...

(December 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm)Elskidor Wrote: Is this a remake?

Nope, it's set in the same universe in real time, 20 years later, in a world where smartphone wielding youth is already bored of dinosaurs, which are now an old hat. I thought that was a nice idea for social commentary...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I liked the first one, but never saw the others. I do like me some dinosaurs though, so I may have to check it out.
Hope they correct some of the misconceptions previous Jurrasic park movies generated:

1. Velociraptors were not the terrifying size pf bears, they were of the much less intimiating size of dogs.

2. Experiments show velociraptor's great foot claw was not effective as a slashing weapon. It was most likely used as retractable cleats for running or climbing.

3. Spinosuars were larger than T-rex, but it had a fragile jaw and a weak bite compared to T-rex. It seems unlikely spinosaurs could break T-rex's neck with a bite. T-rex, on the other hand, did have a very sturdy jaw and the most bone crushing bite of any known dinosaur

4. Avimimus was likely feather covered, velociraptor has lt least some feathers.
So, use Utahraptors.
Jurrasic Park is my favorite movie of all time. I was 9 and fascinated with dinosaurs, and that movie made a huge impression on me.

I've read both books, and my expectations are tempered for this movie to a certain extent, but I would be lying to say I'm not excited for this.

Does look like the same plot rehashed, though. People getting fast and loose with genetics, mayhem ensues. I need Dr. Ian Malcolm to make an appearance, though.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I have to admit this one, as SteelCurtain says, seems to be a rehash of the plot of the original film with an addition of sea creatures.

Will probably wait for the download on this one.
Dying to live, living to die.
I hate myself for saying so but I'm goNina see it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  advantages of jurassic crushing equipment Alex K 84 7608 May 12, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  New Star Wars Trailer Fidel_Castronaut 16 3398 December 4, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  A Promised Land For The Trailer Park Chosen The Magic Pudding 2 1257 June 13, 2011 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Brave New World WWLD 6 2493 April 23, 2009 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Giff