Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam is too aggressive..
Islam is too aggressive..
.. I'm sure if most Swiss people saw this they would agree..

http://pamelageller.com/2014/12/watch-vi...tion.html/

We need to wake up
PS if you're about to post a reply and your response is going to be negative, improper, average, odd, obtuse, irrational, an argument, might change the focus, going off at a tangent or just mean ... go and find a maths forum to post on instead, they'll love you !!
RE: Islam is too aggressive..
Here's the video. A bit over-dramatic and boring, until the end of the video when it gets all too real.

"A very slick ISIS-like video has recently surfaced in Switzerland, a video which doesn’t bode well for the”poor” “Old Continent” " ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DVrVGP9nw

Yep, all Western countries need to wake up. Islamic immigration is probably the dumbest idea in the history of Western civilisation (though not quite as dumb as making China rich with our trade).

Switzerland has been at the forefront of stopping Islamization.
xe·no·pho·bia noun \ˌze-nə-ˈfō-bē-ə, ˌzē-\
: fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners

Full Definition of XENOPHOBIA

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign
(December 7, 2014 at 10:46 pm)Lao Shizi Wrote: xe·no·pho·bia noun \ˌze-nə-ˈfō-bē-ə, ˌzē-\
: fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners

Full Definition of XENOPHOBIA

: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

You sound like the sort that throws big words around instead of understanding when people's rights and traditions are compromised.

I'm white, English and atheist, so by hating ISIS, does that make me a xenophobe? if so, I ain't bothered.. I don't mind Islam, I don't want extreme Islam and Sharia.

call me what you will, I don't care.... have you not got the balls to stand up the evil in our midst?!!... no, probably not !
PS if you're about to post a reply and your response is going to be negative, improper, average, odd, obtuse, irrational, an argument, might change the focus, going off at a tangent or just mean ... go and find a maths forum to post on instead, they'll love you !!
While the doctrines of Islam are repugnant, I don't necessarily see them immigrating as a problem. I actually think getting more Muslims to immigrate would be a good thing. Why? Because Muslims in the US are generally westernized and integrated into society. Generally. And if you live near someone it gets harder to hate them.

I work for a Muslim grad student. He's a nice guy, and he and others I know want to stay here. They like it here. Plus he doesn't treat me different than other assistants just because I'm female (no more than everyone else).
(December 9, 2014 at 8:17 am)Natachan Wrote: While the doctrines of Islam are repugnant, I don't necessarily see them immigrating as a problem. I actually think getting more Muslims to immigrate would be a good thing. Why? Because Muslims in the US are generally westernized and integrated into society. Generally. And if you live near someone it gets harder to hate them.

I work for a Muslim grad student. He's a nice guy, and he and others I know want to stay here. They like it here. Plus he doesn't treat me different than other assistants just because I'm female (no more than everyone else).

I think there's possibly a disconnect between the situation in some areas of Europe and that in the US.

There's certainly been a problem of (lack of) integration here in the UK to the point where there is a very obvious ghettoisation of communities within many of our inner cities, a large proportion of which are so-called 'islamic' communities. The more I look up the evidence the more I am convinced there is an 'us vs them' mentality in some of these constituencies, or rather, some elements within these communities and the religious hierarchies that still govern them.

I'm not sure where to pinpoint the blame here but certainly successive governments since probably the 50s have failed to address the issue of migration and the integration of different people (way of living, their ideas and beliefs etc) into the larger society. It's not a ubiquitous trait of successive generations of migrants that they separate themselves off from the rest of society (and I look to inner city London as an example of this - Afro Caribbean identities for example have integrated and excelled quite well), however many communities from East Africa and the Indian sub-continent have been left behind in terms of social and economic progression in relation to other demographics. e.g. Brits who trace their lineage back to Bangladeshi Muslim migrants consistently perform lower than every other demographic in the UK, earn less and die younger. Pakistani Muslims are not much better, and neither are East African Muslim communities.

There's clearly an issue here. What it is I can't say, but I suspect the ghettoisation of these communities has left them isolated and insular. This probably explains why many people in these communities are disaffected with 'the west', and why they turn to those insular pressures for their identity. To say migration is the issue however I think misses the glaring point that, taking the London 7/7 bombings as an example, the guys who perpetrated it were not migrants. They were British, one form near me in Telford. They were born and raised here, yet identified with an ideology that originated from a part of the world they'd likely never visited from people they probably knew very little about. What does that say about the society in which we live where a boy can look towards the extremism of the Saudi peninsula and say "I agree with them more than I agree with the person I live next door to"?

As to my personal beliefs - I think Islam is insidious and infects those who are disaffected with a romantic goal that is both destructive and unattainable. Extremism, I think, festers in many Mosques under the surface, but there's too little research (not for want of trying) to directly evidence it. We only see glimmers of it (such as the trojan horse scandal here in the UK where extremist Muslim clerics attempted to take over local schools by removing headteachers and unsympathetic governors), but we also see the tragic results when it goes unchecked (9/11, 7/7 etc).

I like this article. It started me off on my PhD research into a similar topic and still resonates with international affairs today IMHO:

http://mtw160-198.ippl.jhu.edu/login?aut...ilpott.pdf
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Aren't they declaring something all the time? There's always something new to hate.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
The Swiss are going to be fine. Really.

I mean, come on - the fuckin' SWISS? They can get it done.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why not? It worked for the Christians.

What I consistently fail to understand, is if you think you're right, why does being violent and otherwise completely unpleasant tend to be the norm? "I have all of life's answers, but I'm going to stab you..."
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Because the Islamists are essentially juvenile delinquents. Usually in their teens or early twenties they're motives are primarily driven by their over-inflated egos and hormones. They're out for glory and excitement invariably disregarding the mundane tasks and duties that discipline and experience would inform them were necessary. As such we see the stop-monsters straggling back home after going to join the 'jihad' and getting treated like the low grade menials they are.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7728 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5330 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 6845 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  So beautiful. And so he loves beauty too. WinterHold 56 7281 December 30, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: camlov2019
  Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too Minimalist 49 6636 June 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5420 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  What the hell happened too these people. dyresand 18 5114 March 18, 2015 at 3:41 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33613 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Flying Imams Have Rights, too! Emma_Hates_Islam 3 2456 December 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God's (Allah) house is too small, people in a huge house. Koldaramor 25 12381 July 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye