Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Exodus" film beats out "Hunger Games: Mockingjay"
"Exodus" film beats out "Hunger Games: Mockingjay"
Quote:Exodus: Gods and Kings, an action-filled epic starring Christian Bale as biblical leader Moses, marched to the top of US and Canadian movie charts, collecting $24.5 million in ticket sales over the weekend. The multitudes of moviegoers for Exodus knocked The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 to second place, according to estimates from tracking firm Rentrak.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/ex.../44487.htm
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: "Exodus" film beats out "Hunger Games: Mockingjay"
Dear Hollywood: Please please pleeeease let Michael Bay direct a Samson movie!!!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I really want to see Michael Bay's version of the two she-bears eating the 42 children.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm)Sionnach Wrote:
Quote:Exodus: Gods and Kings, an action-filled epic starring Christian Bale as biblical leader Moses, marched to the top of US and Canadian movie charts, collecting $24.5 million in ticket sales over the weekend. The multitudes of moviegoers for Exodus knocked The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 to second place, according to estimates from tracking firm Rentrak.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/ex.../44487.htm

Compared to what it cost to make (140 million), 24.5 million on the opening weekend is a pathetic result.

http://www.the-numbers.com/

Quote:All-in-all, the box office matched expectations, but sadly, that is not a good thing. Exodus: Gods and Kings opened with $24.12 million, which is anemic for a film that cost $140 million to make.

"Box office gold" my ass.
It's not true to the original, just an adaptation

Right?!!!
Does god make a personal appearance in the movie?

Or is it like real life where he doesn't make appearances at all?
Dying to live, living to die.
I enjoy that Christian Bale said Moses was a psycho before the film came out and made a bunch of Christians lose their shit.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2014 at 3:13 pm)Beccs Wrote: Does god make a personal appearance in the movie?

Or is it like real life where he doesn't make appearances at all?

Yes, he's played by Morgan Freeman.
Again.

(Not really)
I hate to admit I saw it last week, but the film sucked sacrificial lamb balls.
Honest, I like where Hollywood is going with the Biblical movies. How long before we get a version of the Ten Commandments where Moses is played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and he just runs up and suplexes the shit out of the Pharaoh (played, of course, by Nick Cage)? "Fuck the plagues! I'll DDT you into the afterlife if you don't let my people go, asshole!"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number 5's Surreal Creepy Film Collection zwanzig 111 6783 May 15, 2023 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Stuart: A Life Backwards (Film) Shell B 0 249 April 12, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone remember this cartoon/nature film spoof? Brian37 0 379 October 11, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Dark Tower-Film Shell B 28 3173 August 6, 2017 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Best original music from a film? Aegon 32 3886 July 5, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Film Club Excited Penguin 84 9477 May 5, 2016 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Film Club #2 - Coherence [Discussion] Heat 44 4590 March 29, 2016 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Life Lessons From Film? BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1771 February 27, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Film Club #2 - Coherence Heat 15 2547 February 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Film Club #1 - Enemy Excited Penguin 43 5387 February 23, 2016 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Aroura