Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't Christians Have A Jubilee Year Like In The Bible
Why Don't Christians Have A Jubilee Year Like In The Bible
I understand that wikipedia is not a good source but there definition of the Hebrew Jubilee is easy to understand
Quote:The Jubilee (Hebrew yovel יובל) year is the year at the end of seven cycles of shmita (Sabbatical years), and according to Biblical regulations had a special impact on the ownership and management of land in the Land of Israel; there is some debate whether it was the 49th year (the last year of seven sabbatical cycles, referred to as the Sabbath's Sabbath), or whether it was the following (50th) year. Jubilee deals largely with land, property, and property rights. According to Leviticus, slaves and prisoners would be freed, debts would be forgiven and the mercies of God would be particularly manifest. Leviticus 25:8-13 states:

Many of my religious friends tithe because they feel that giving ten percent is required of them from the bible. The New Testament does not talk about tithing so they are looking at Old Testament laws.

If you happen to live during that 49th year, it would be nice to have your debt forgiven or be freed from prison.
RE: Why Don't Christians Have A Jubilee Year Like In The Bible
it pretty much would be though fifty years has to pass though. back then people didn't live extremely long like we can now.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
That's an OT celebration, which became unnecessary when Jesus did/didn't fulfill/replace the law.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 17, 2014 at 10:54 am)dyresand Wrote: it pretty much would be though fifty years has to pass though. back then people didn't live extremely long like we can now.

If you are the lucky person born thirty years before the next Jubilee, your debt is forgiven and you would still be young enough to enjoy your new life.

Some Christians will say that they are not bound by Old Testament law and turn around and use the Old Testament to justify paying a ten percent tithe to their church. If they are going to follow some portion of the Old Testament, it would make sense to follow the fun parts.
Because preaching forgiveness is a hell of a lot easier than extending it.

Hi Nope, I like your post above.
Christians have been duped by their leaders to mix the old testament into the new (the tithe is a good example- you are right on!).
On the Jubilee, there is no evidence the Jews ever observed the Jubilee.
In fact, one of the reasons for one of their big "Layovers" (exile) was that they did NOT observe them.

The Jubilee is a very interesting topic right now to many of us who are Watchers.
The 1967 6 day war fell within a Jubilee year (the Jewish year began in the fall of 1966).
Fifty years prior to that, was the Balfour agreement of 1917 making provision for a Jewish homeland and the end of the Turk domination of the land of Israel (called Palestine).
Eight Jubilees before that the Ottoman Turks had obtained Palestine.
The next Jubilee year would begin in the fall of 2017, however, If God goes by Jewish prophetic years (of 360 days/yr.) that shortened period would give exactly 49 prophetic years between the 6 Day war and the Day of atonement Sept.23 2015.

The next jubilee is calculated to be Jubilee number 120 from Genesis One and the end of Satan's lease on the planet.

We do not, at this point know which span of time is correct.
The Blood Moons conclude the sequence next Fall on Atonement so that may indicate the shortened span.
(December 17, 2014 at 11:04 am)Nope Wrote:
(December 17, 2014 at 10:54 am)dyresand Wrote: it pretty much would be though fifty years has to pass though. back then people didn't live extremely long like we can now.

If you are the lucky person born thirty years before the next Jubilee, your debt is forgiven and you would still be young enough to enjoy your new life.

Some Christians will say that they are not bound by Old Testament law and turn around and use the Old Testament to justify paying a ten percent tithe to their church. If they are going to follow some portion of the Old Testament, it would make sense to follow the fun parts.

They say that but jesus never came back to replace the OT they still have to follow it and i mean all of it. The NT was never really meant to be written. So christianity is just judaism 2.0 savior edition.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 17, 2014 at 11:43 am)professor Wrote: Hi Nope, I like your post above.
Christians have been duped by their leaders to mix the old testament into the new (the tithe is a good example- you are right on!).
On the Jubilee, there is no evidence the Jews ever observed the Jubilee.
In fact, one of the reasons for one of their big "Layovers" (exile) was that they did NOT observe them.

The Jubilee is a very interesting topic right now to many of us who are Watchers.
The 1967 6 day war fell within a Jubilee year (the Jewish year began in the fall of 1966).
Fifty years prior to that, was the Balfour agreement of 1917 making provision for a Jewish homeland and the end of the Turk domination of the land of Israel (called Palestine).
Eight Jubilees before that the Ottoman Turks had obtained Palestine.
The next Jubilee year would begin in the fall of 2017, however, If God goes by Jewish prophetic years (of 360 days/yr.) that shortened period would give exactly 49 prophetic years between the 6 Day war and the Day of atonement Sept.23 2015.

The next jubilee is calculated to be Jubilee number 120 from Genesis One and the end of Satan's lease on the planet.

We do not, at this point know which span of time is correct.
The Blood Moons conclude the sequence next Fall on Atonement so that may indicate the shortened span.

I am glad that you liked my post and, even if I don't adhere to any religion, your information about jubilee years are interesting.
(December 17, 2014 at 10:47 am)Nope Wrote: I understand that wikipedia is not a good source but there definition of the Hebrew Jubilee is easy to understand
Quote:The Jubilee (Hebrew yovel יובל) year is the year at the end of seven cycles of shmita (Sabbatical years), and according to Biblical regulations had a special impact on the ownership and management of land in the Land of Israel; there is some debate whether it was the 49th year (the last year of seven sabbatical cycles, referred to as the Sabbath's Sabbath), or whether it was the following (50th) year. Jubilee deals largely with land, property, and property rights. According to Leviticus, slaves and prisoners would be freed, debts would be forgiven and the mercies of God would be particularly manifest. Leviticus 25:8-13 states:

Many of my religious friends tithe because they feel that giving ten percent is required of them from the bible. The New Testament does not talk about tithing so they are looking at Old Testament laws.

If you happen to live during that 49th year, it would be nice to have your debt forgiven or be freed from prison.
you have to understand that those laws under the "old covenant' were temporary and nothing more than a foreshadowing (for lack of a better word) of what was to come.
For example, Christians are still supposed to "keep the sabbath holy" but we no longer observe a day as the sabbath, the holy spirit is the sabbath (which means "rest") for the Christian.
Quote:Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Quote:Hebrews 4
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Quote:Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
And Likewise, the Jubilee is a foreshadowing...
The human race being born into bondage of sin, being liberated through hearing the gospel.
Those that heard the jubilee trumpet, but liked their master and wanted to remain in bondage, would have a hole bored into their ear lobe signifying they were forever to remain in bondage. The same goes for those that hear the gospel and reject it, are forever slaves to sin.
Quote: Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins
Quote:so christianity is just judaism 2.0 savior edition.

And buggy as all hell. The need to issue a patch or something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6419 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12962 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44052 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Questions I have had about the Bible recently... FlatAssembler 12 2120 July 24, 2021 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6481 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3355 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1752 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7783 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A prediction for the new year zebo-the-fat 14 1566 December 20, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17495 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah