Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Christian scriptures say that in heaven, there is no marriage.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
http://biblehub.com/mark/12-25.htm

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts). That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Do you think we should abolish marriage and move closer to God’s heavenly law?

Regards
DL
RE: Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.
Lets see what the bible says:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...thians%207

First 2 verses of Chrpter 7:

Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all. 2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.
Jesus was a polygamist.

Brigham Young said it, so it must be true.
(December 18, 2014 at 12:25 pm)Drich Wrote: Lets see what the bible says:
Let's not- don't care. God isn't making any of my relationship decisions for me either way, thx.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 18, 2014 at 12:40 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Let's not- don't care. God isn't making any of my relationship decisions for me either way, thx.
You sure? Yahweh's a pretty jealous girlfriend.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 18, 2014 at 12:59 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(December 18, 2014 at 12:40 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Let's not- don't care. God isn't making any of my relationship decisions for me either way, thx.
You sure? Yahweh's a pretty jealous girlfriend.

breaking up with god is well heh that she gets angry and pissed wanting you back but your like no and here comes hell.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 18, 2014 at 12:25 pm)Drich Wrote: Lets see what the bible says:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...thians%207

First 2 verses of Chrpter 7:

Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all. 2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband.

This sounds like the Afghanistan Rape Law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RZntomfFI

Regards
DL
Hey DL, maybe you could check out the rest of that quote- "In the same way the husband does not have authority over his body but yields it to his wife".
Why did you NOT quote that?

To the OP, in Heaven there is no reproduction, no children left to fend for themselves.
Marriage is supposed to be a protection for children and women on earth.
In the coming reign of Jesus for a thousand years here, there will be marriage and kids being born just as now. After the thousand years are up, all that ceases and earth will be as Heaven is now.
(December 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm)professor Wrote: Hey DL, maybe you could check out the rest of that quote- "In the same way the husband does not have authority over his body but yields it to his wife".
Why did you NOT quote that?

To the OP, in Heaven there is no reproduction, no children left to fend for themselves.
Marriage is supposed to be a protection for children and women on earth.
In the coming reign of Jesus for a thousand years here, there will be marriage and kids being born just as now. After the thousand years are up, all that ceases and earth will be as Heaven is now.

Lack of enforcement to the point of being moot.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 18, 2014 at 11:35 am)Greatest I am Wrote: Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Christian scriptures say that in heaven, there is no marriage.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
http://biblehub.com/mark/12-25.htm

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts). That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Do you think we should abolish marriage and move closer to God’s heavenly law?

Regards
DL

God's heavenly law says that you have to marry a relative, preferably a sister like Abraham did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4607 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78686 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham Foxaèr 724 65494 August 1, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4049 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 19518 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 6843 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2562 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 11608 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4627 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8195 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant