Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple and Iphone - full of Ishit.
Apple and Iphone - full of Ishit.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30540538

Quote:A BBC investigation for Panorama has exposed poor working conditions in factories making Apple products in China.

The undercover team secretly filmed the iPhone production line and found Apple's promises to protect workers were routinely broken.
RE: Apple and Iphone - full of Ishit.
I may be alone on this, but I have never liked Apple and I'm not surprised. The villain in me wishes they'd just go away forever.
I've always associated Apple and over-priced pretentiousness. Is there still a word for yuppie/preppie? That's the Apple audience.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Kinda how I see them, but I know a lot of people like them so I didn't want to step on any loyalist's toes.
I have one apple product, and its hardware quality is really high. That said, I hate apple products for their annoying software, especially itunes. It's intuitive if you're doing something very simple. It's backwards crazy if you're trying do something unique.
Re: RE: Apple and Iphone - full of Ishit.
(December 19, 2014 at 12:40 am)Jenny A Wrote: Is there still a word for yuppie/preppie? That's the Apple audience.

I think the term in the UK is Hipsters?
(December 19, 2014 at 5:35 am)StuW Wrote:
(December 19, 2014 at 12:40 am)Jenny A Wrote: Is there still a word for yuppie/preppie? That's the Apple audience.

I think the term in the UK is Hipsters?

I think the correct term is wanker.
So.... how about we do one of these for every major manufacturer?
Samsung?
LG?
Sony?
Microsoft?
Nokia?
HTC?
Alcatel?
Toshiba?
Asus?
Acer?
ZTE? (this one is based in China...)
Huawei? (also from China)
Lenovo? (also from China)

The list could go on and on... but I'm curious how it would pan out for these guys.
I do have a Macbook Pro I bought in 2010, and it still serves me well, so I think it was a good investment all in all. My friends' iPhones on the other hand... Well, they don't last that long.

Btw, it was no news that Apple are scumbags with their work policies.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I really hate the way countries get around their own minimum wage by outsourcing to countries that don't have one. It's disgusting.

I know that makes me something of a hypocrite, as I'm well aware many things I have bought will have gone this route. I try and buy ethically made products where I can, in general. I don't always succeed.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full House of bribery. Brian37 0 269 March 13, 2019 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Oh, Surprise, Surprise. The WLB Is Full Of Shit Minimalist 2 838 February 13, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  TCJA: Apple repatriating cash and pumping it into US economy John V 36 4248 January 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Gay couples denied full marriage benefits in Texas Aoi Magi 18 2793 December 8, 2017 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Irish just went full retard - Legalizing gender discrimination ErGingerbreadMandude 154 12723 January 19, 2017 at 12:54 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Apple faces €13bn Tax Bill in Ireland Fidel_Castronaut 12 3878 August 31, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Oh Look. Inforwars is Full of Shit! Minimalist 1 702 April 21, 2016 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Video Good old-fashoin racism from Apple Aractus 25 2725 November 14, 2015 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Full Throttle Saloon burns to ground c172 3 960 September 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37