Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes they said that!
Yes they said that!
Notice the author's word choice "flagrant mockery" in the article. I do take issue with this. Yes it is in your face, just like if you had a friend who went around claiming the New York Yankees won the Superbowl.

Even Thomas Jefferson said "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions"

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/20/were_put...ecularism/

I agree what blasphemers do offends those who hold the belief. The hate the atheist holds isn't for another human, it is because we see a better view of the future and hate that humans cling to the past. We cant change what humans claim, but we can and do challenge those claims and being blunt about it is what it takes.

SON OF A BITCH, I copied and pasted the link and it goes to the website but does not bring up the article.

Ok here is my FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/BrianJamesRationalpoet

Scroll down and the Salon article is there.
RE: Yes they said that!
He claims that the secularization has little to do with people realizing how bad the arguments are for God.
Quote:It is simply not the case that in recent years tens of millions of Americans have suddenly started doubting the cosmological or ontological arguments for the existence of God

Yet, latter in his article he states.
Quote:First, religious people can look up their own religion on the Web and suddenly, even unwittingly, be exposed to an array of critiques or blatant attacks on their tradition that they otherwise would never have come across. Debunking on the Internet abounds, and whether one is a Mormon, a Scientologist, a Catholic, a Jehovah’s Witness—whatever—the Web exposes the adherents of every and any religious tradition to skeptical views that can potentially undermine personal certainty, rattling an otherwise insulated, confident conviction in one’s religion.

Hmm, I wonder why their confidence is rattled? Thinking Seems like a contradiction to his initial claim.
Either the faithful have answers to those (usually) easy questions or they don't. If they don't, for the sake of their SALVATION, maybe they should think about it, no ??

Was Brigham Young lying when he claimed Jesus had 3 wives ?? It's an easy yes or no question, any Mormon want to weigh in on it ??

Why did Joseph Smith practice polygamy BEFORE the angel threatened to kill him if he didn't start practicing polygamy ??

(that question is a little harder, but that old Joe Smith was a tricky little poon hound, wasn't he?)
(December 23, 2014 at 4:39 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Either the faithful have answers to those (usually) easy questions or they don't. If they don't, for the sake of their SALVATION, maybe they should think about it, no ??

Was Brigham Young lying when he claimed Jesus had 3 wives ?? It's an easy yes or no question, any Mormon want to weigh in on it ??

Why did Joseph Smith practice polygamy BEFORE the angel threatened to kill him if he didn't start practicing polygamy ??

(that question is a little harder, but that old Joe Smith was a tricky little poon hound, wasn't he?)

Men pop out of dirt and snakes talk, once you accept that you can sell ice cream to an Eskimo.
'Of all the strange crimes that humanity has legislated out of nothing, blasphemy is the most amazing - with obscenity and indecent exposure fighting it out for second and third place.' - Robert Heinlein

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1193 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 10771 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Told You...Oh, Yes I Did! BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1703 July 20, 2018 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Yes, Evangelicals Suck Cock, This Isn't News Minimalist 6 536 June 25, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yes. He's Batshit Crazy Minimalist 40 4207 October 14, 2017 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Guess He Figured If They Were In A Nursing Home They Weren't "Donors." Minimalist 5 1072 September 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  They Just Don't Make Nazis Like They Used To Minimalist 23 3636 September 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Answer Seems To Be "Yes," Professor Minimalist 1 871 June 4, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Yes, it WAS abuse, but damn it's funny vorlon13 8 1357 March 3, 2016 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Joods
  Ah, Yes... Arizona Minimalist 15 2693 October 2, 2014 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus