Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah, Yes... Arizona
Ah, Yes... Arizona
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/arizo...-bullying/

Quote:Arizona teacher fired after 25 years over defending student from racist bullying

Quote:A longtime elementary school teacher in Fountain Hills, Arizona was fired on Monday despite reportedly defending a Black student from racially-charged bullying, KNXV-TV reported.

Officials with the Fountain Hills Unified School District voted to terminate Pam Aister after 25 years teaching in district from her position at Four Peaks Elementary School. The decision stemmed from a May 2013 incident during which she stepped in when a group of students allegedly surrounded and bullied the boy.

For those who don't know, Fountain Hills is a super ritzy area. You can bet those 1%ers won't want their little precious darlings being told off while they were tormenting some "minority."
RE: Ah, Yes... Arizona
What a joke. We expect teachers to stand up for discipline yet lambaste this poor woman for doing just that whilst defending a pupil?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
And this is how you encourage bullying.
Like it's not a bad enough problem, already...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_H...l_massacre
http://www.bullyonline.org/related/spree.htm
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/full/201...0315F.html
(October 2, 2014 at 12:17 am)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/arizo...-bullying/

Quote:Arizona teacher fired after 25 years over defending student from racist bullying

Quote:A longtime elementary school teacher in Fountain Hills, Arizona was fired on Monday despite reportedly defending a Black student from racially-charged bullying, KNXV-TV reported.

Officials with the Fountain Hills Unified School District voted to terminate Pam Aister after 25 years teaching in district from her position at Four Peaks Elementary School. The decision stemmed from a May 2013 incident during which she stepped in when a group of students allegedly surrounded and bullied the boy.

For those who don't know, Fountain Hills is a super ritzy area. You can bet those 1%ers won't want their little precious darlings being told off while they were tormenting some "minority."

I don't think it was a matter of defending white against black that got her fired. It seems to me she was trying to resolve bulling by bulling the bullies.

I for one am glad to see the intolerant of the intolerant, getting called on their own hypocritical intolerance.

If they didn't then we would simple change from one brand of intolerance to another.

Bully for the school board I say!
(October 2, 2014 at 8:53 am)Drich Wrote: I don't think it was a matter of defending white against black that got her fired. It seems to me she was trying to resolve bulling by bulling the bullies.

I for one am glad to see the intolerant of the intolerant, getting called on their own hypocritical intolerance.

If they didn't then we would simple change from one brand of intolerance to another.

She was bullying the bullies? and how did you come to that conclusion?

I for one don't support calling a student "ugly face", but I most certainly wouldn't want the teacher to be kicked out for trying to protect a student. I do not know the context in which she said that, maybe it was an attempt at explaining to them why using the 'n word' or calling someone a monkey is a bad thing.

Bullying is a pretty big problem, and if someone tries to stand against it, they should be encouraged and guided, not punished.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I can't help but think the real deciders here were the school districts lawyers, and when they did the math regarding all the possible lawsuits they recommended to the board to take the potentially cheaper alternative.
First off, what the fuck is up with Arizona? I mean, really, every time that state seems to come up in the news, they're doing something that any other state would be embarassed to be involved with. I'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of horrible contest going on between Arizona and Florida to see who can be the craziest.

Sadly, the safest thing for teachers to do is to just sit back and let bullying happen. Yet when a student, after being bullied endlessly, either commits suicide or goes on a rampage and kills a bunch of their peers, we suddenly start caring. Maybe if we would keep the tragedies in mind before they happen we would be able to avoid a few of them.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(October 2, 2014 at 8:53 am)Drich Wrote: I don't think it was a matter of defending white against black that got her fired. It seems to me she was trying to resolve bulling by bulling the bullies.

I've often wondered if you ever actually stop and think before typing. I no longer wonder.
(October 2, 2014 at 10:53 am)Crossless1 Wrote: I've often wondered if you ever actually stop and think before typing. I no longer wonder.
Don't give up yet, there are a lot more wonders you'll have to encounter Angel Cloud
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Quote:First off, what the fuck is up with Arizona?

Way too high a percentage of dumb fucking assholes like drippy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1202 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 10782 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Arizona Gets One Right. Must Have Been An Accident. Minimalist 0 428 October 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Told You...Oh, Yes I Did! BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1716 July 20, 2018 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Fireball
  I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way Minimalist 59 4784 June 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Yes, Evangelicals Suck Cock, This Isn't News Minimalist 6 538 June 25, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Arizona police violently beat unarmed man zebo-the-fat 12 1427 June 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Arizona's Sheriff Shitstain - The Gift That Keeps On Taking Minimalist 4 550 March 11, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: chimp3
  A Veteran Sickened by Trump at USS Arizona AFTT47 4 1063 November 4, 2017 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Yes. He's Batshit Crazy Minimalist 40 4211 October 14, 2017 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Amarok