Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would you identify as?
what would you identify as?
1-7, where do you stand?

When you answer, could you also put down if you're an athiest, christian, etc? Example: "6, athiest"
After gathering enough information I'll explain why I'm curious as to what you all think. Thanks, and God bless! :3

1: strong theist. 100% probability of God
2: very strong possibility, but short of 100%
3: higher than 50% but not very high
4: 50% completely agnostic
5: lower than 50% but not very low
6: very low probability but not 0%
7: strong atheist. 'I know there is no god'-0%

EDIT: apparently a lot of you didn't like the fact I didn't introduce myself first, and the reason why I didn't is because I was in an argument with my brother about atheists and Richard Dawkins book "The GOD Delusion". In his book he says that on this list he's met hardly anyone who would identify as a 7. Even Dawkins himself says he's a 6, leaning towards atheism. The argument ended up being whether or not the majority of atheists would identify as 6, or 7. I believe(d) the majority would say 7. My brother on the other hand said 6. So I was just trying to gather the information as quickly as possible. I couldn't find anything online so I created my own thread. I'll make a post in the introduction section when my phone is charged.

Thanks for all the replies!
RE: what would you identify as?
Hey welcome Smile

Against omnipotent/omniscient/omnibenevolent claims: 7 gnostic atheist

Against other god claims: 6 agnostic atheist
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Why not explain it first? It's called courtesy. I'm not barging into your hangout either asking you straight away why you're a mormon.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hello and welcome! Why don't you post a thread in the Introduction forum so we can all get to know you? We'll bring biscuits!

Also, my views are:
against omnimax deities: 7 gnostic atheist (they fall in the realm of logical paradoxes)

against other deities: 6.9999

against pantheist claims: 6
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Haha omnimax, I like that Smile Get that omni shit out of here!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 24, 2014 at 4:42 pm)abaris Wrote: Why not explain it first? It's called courtesy. I'm not barging into your hangout either asking you straight away why you're a mormon.
I'm not explaining first because I believe people will lie to make what ever they believe to be true in studies. This goes for all people.
(December 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm)LimpingWhale Wrote: This goes for all people.

Yeah, as you said. This goes for all people. Not that my views would be a big secret. If you browse the board you will find them laid out just fine. I just find your attitude inpolite and provocative.

Why not introduce yourself in the proper channel first?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
When you ask a vague question without context, you might end up getting totally wrong answers. Anyway we are mostly all 6 or 7 depending on the definition of god. Apart from that we have the "religious view" thing under our usernames, that might help your survey.

Oh and welcome to the board.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 24, 2014 at 4:57 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm)LimpingWhale Wrote: This goes for all people.

Yeah, as you said. This goes for all people. Not that my views would be a big secret. If you browse the board you will find them laid out just fine. I just find your attitude inpolite and provocative.

Why not introduce yourself in the proper channel first?

I'm just trying to figure out what people believe. If I came off as inpolite, or provocative I apologize.
OK I'll bite....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3185 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11316 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6460 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Pathos article atheists can identify with. Brian37 6 2190 September 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is it logical for a Theological Noncognitivist to identify as an atheist? IanHulett 24 6398 September 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 11925 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  If you lived in Jesus' day, how would you of responded? Revelation777 169 22626 April 9, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: siryezser
  would you tell your parents one day that you are an atheist ? Marsellus Wallace 71 12412 March 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
Thumbs Up If one has bigger boobs, then can you identify that person as an atheist Trino34 2 1331 November 15, 2013 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Trino34
  Would you go to church just to prove it won't change anything about you? MilesTailsPrower 66 17191 August 25, 2011 at 2:01 am
Last Post: tavarish