Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam, the middle east, and how arabs are a broken people.
Islam, the middle east, and how arabs are a broken people.
Hello everyone,

Just to warn you this feels like a rant post but i will try to make it coherent. A little about myself: I was born muslim in an arab country and now I'm atheist after living abroad in a western country for 14+ years.

This topic is about Islam and Arabs. As with any religion, it spawned because people needed it at the time for whatever reasons. However, all muslim&arab majority countries seem to have failed relative to other secular non-muslim countries. I'm going to point out some arab hypocrisy.

Islam emphasis education and work ethic:
  • It is said that a person that provides for a person that prays all day gains more deeds than the latter.
  • The first word/sentence in the Quran emphases education: “Proclaim (or Read) In the name of your Lord and Cherisher, Who created…” 96:1
  • There is a phrase: who taught me a word, I became [his/her] slave. Again emphasizing education.
In practice arabs are extremely slow and lazy. There is a lot of politics at work and nothing gets done. Nothing is more frustrating than working with these guys. No wonder they offer westerners a lot of money because westerners actually get stuff done.

Islam emphasizes cleanliness:
This one is interesting because arabs preach cleanliness and are complete germaphobes BUT still live a "dirty" lifestyle. For example, anyone invited in your home will keep his shoes on. The extreme fear of germs and use of cleaning products weaken the developing immune system of children. It is also interesting to see the public washrooms extremely filthy. The point they preach cleanliness and are OCD about it... but somehow everything is still dirty.

The prophet Mohammed and his marriages:
The prophet married several women. He was mostly doing it to set a good example: marry a widow (everyone at the time wanted a virgin). Married an poor woman. Of course there is the controversial Aisha but I'm not even touching that topic. My point is, this arab culture is obsessed with virgins. Many would not even marry a woman unless she is a virgin, so good luck if a wife gets divorced.

Single male mentality towards western women:
-would get with western women for a work-visa.
-think all western women have revolving doors of a vagina.
-would sleep with a western woman and lead her on, only to dump her in the end and marry a virgin. Google egyptian men liars.

Drugs:
Depending on the country you might get executed, unless you are a tobacco addict that gets the shakes when going through withdrawal after not smoking for 30 mins.

Negative traits of Arabs:
-conspiracy theorist
-always blaming others
-extremely annoying/possessive

Summary:
The religion isn't all bad, it was bought to the region to improve things for the people but it fell short. For example, one of its aims was to improve rights for women but lets see how that worked out today. The faith is not bad from a general point of view, but its followers are garbage at the moment. Many arabs/muslims travel or live in western countries say that these countries are more "islamic" than back home. It is just that the hypocrisy really got to me. I hate this place and the people. How I long to travel back to the west Smile.

Another fact that I hate: The religious indoctrination here is around the clock. It doesn't give you enough thinking space to leave the faith. But perhaps that is the point.
RE: Islam, the middle east, and how arabs are a broken people.
Heya shapb, welcome Smile

You have my utmost respect for becoming an atheist in such an indoctrinating environment, I can't imagine how hard that is.

What you say is both shocking and unfortunately not surprising to me. I have no idea how the state your area is in can be sorted out, but I hope it happens eventually. No one can be remotely considered free while under such control.

Welcome to the world of reason and thanks for sharing your story Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome to the forum. I can't imagine what it's like to see that kind of absurdity on a daily basis. I thought I got frustrated with how people blindly walk through life not caring if they are hypocritical or not.

It's such a shame that a culture that was once an epicenter of learning and knowledge has fallen so far.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome to the forum.
(December 26, 2014 at 10:57 am)shapb Wrote: Google egyptian men liars.

bro, that is so much generalizing. I'm egyptian and i'm a good person,...not proud of it tho .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Hi Shapb, your post reminds me of another escapee from Islam- AtlasS who joined recently.
He paints a repressive picture of life in a Muslim country and needed encouragement.
I'm all for criticism of religion, but stereotyping Arabs is, well, kind of racist.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
"Arabs" are not a "race." They are a semitic tribe. Orthodox Jews are a semitic tribe and many of the same cultural complaints can be levied against them as against the Arabs.

I wonder what the common denominator might be? Do you suppose it could be a fixation with fucking religion?
Why single out Orthodox Jews? Most other Jews are just as Semitic.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Because the orthodox are as nutty about their fucking god shit as the muslims.

I always liked secular jews. I used to work with one who always ordered fresh ham at lunch. I would chide him that his mom would be displeased.
He usually said "fuck you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11390 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1907 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3356 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My decoversion and back to Islam. Mystic 34 4247 October 18, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2421 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9206 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity wolf39us 38 7846 June 2, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith? Hoppingbunny 64 11053 April 24, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Islam in Europe: perception and reality Heat 219 30024 April 13, 2016 at 9:35 am
Last Post: abaris
  Why do atheists and liberals like Islam? scoobysnack 122 20732 April 4, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Losty