Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith?
Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith?
Research any Pew poling on the opinions of Muslims. A huge amount of them support stoning for gays, death for those who  leave Islam, support Jihad, support Sharia  law etc. Even in America, although U.S. Muslims are  less bad than any other nation's Muslims are. At  least Christianity gave up the Crusades and Inquisition  long ago. And do you seriously believe that the Crusades were completely unprovoked by Muslims anyway?
RE: Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith?
Might just be me, but opening up with yet another ignorant bigot post without any introductions, isn't what draws me into a discussion.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I disagree with the premise.  Right now, islam is the worst.  They are where the jesus freaks were 500 years ago.
(April 19, 2016 at 11:50 am)abaris Wrote: Might just be me, but opening up with yet another ignorant bigot post without any introductions, isn't what draws me into a discussion.

A bigot post?

(April 19, 2016 at 11:50 am)abaris Wrote: Might just be me, but opening up with yet another ignorant bigot post without any introductions, isn't what draws me into a discussion.

(April 19, 2016 at 11:51 am)Minimalist Wrote: I disagree with the premise.  Right now, islam is the worst.  They are where the jesus freaks were 500 years ago.

Exactly. 
[Image: tumblr_lmtcamFdq01qfy2kdo1_400.gif]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Because Islam is demonstrably better and more true than Christianity. The biggest atrocities in history have been committed by Christian population, such as under Stalin and Hitler
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Quote:Exactly.

I wouldn't take too much comfort from that, though.
(April 19, 2016 at 11:58 am)Alex K Wrote: Because Islam is demonstrably better and more true than Christianity.

What? Every religion is equally untrue but I still believe some religions are  less bad than others. For example, the Easter Bunny and half of what POTUS candidates say is equally untrue but the  lies about the Easter Bunny are far from as damaging.
I've noticed in your posts that you start in a normal voice and then get quite. What gives?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Among other stats, 14% of United States Muslims believe suicide bombings are sometimes or always justified. In most other nations it's worse. Pew sort of tries to spin its own results to make Muslims seem as unbad as possible but imagine if a similiar amount of Christians approved of similiar things. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...the-world/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11433 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2155 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3813 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 710 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 650 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1233 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  forbidding people to love each other Fake Messiah 210 23910 September 16, 2021 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earther, and other conspiracy theories. Are they mostly atheists? Ferrocyanide 95 6407 April 26, 2021 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20846 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5392 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye