Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global religion datasets - for research... and interest
I don't really know where to put this but I thought it would be a useful resource for people pulling together points for debate and for general interest (it has some fascinating stuff).

Apologies to mods if it needs moving.

The Global Religious Landscape

Enjoy

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: Global religion datasets - for research... and interest
Very interesting, thanks!

80% worldwide are religious? Ah geez it's worse than I thought. Time to go even the odds a bit.

*Revs chainsaw*
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It is quite depressing reading. I suppose you might argue that there could be a % of those religious that are atheist but either were too scared to tick that option or didn't have a box for 'no belief' on their countries census.

Some countries census details are questionable as well. Iran omits Bahai from its results apparantly so who knows how else they fiddle the figures.

In any case, it's still a frightening thought that such a big majority of my fellow earthlings cling/forced to relgious beliefs.
RE: Global religion datasets - for research... and interest
Indeed, I'm sure the figure is much lower in reality. But even if you halved it, it's still shocking.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2619 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 12555 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Help me with my research! rjam099 10 880 May 10, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4193 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  what is our stance on global warming? Jextin 76 11619 September 4, 2014 at 4:21 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16542 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  I need Research backup for atheism debate wangsit 5 3518 August 13, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non-belief Research Study Completed Foxaèr 4 2392 July 20, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Psychological research - Atheists, Christians and quality of life rozle27 37 10096 March 2, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: rozle27
  Psychology Research on Atheist Identity UQPsych 1 1056 February 6, 2013 at 4:55 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko