Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Religion
Dear Religion
I quite liked the Gervais tweet he put out for the space jump, very succint. I propose a thread with the same theme, either current news, old news or related topics. Be creative.

I welcome our theists to post a retort in the same manner as well - should be interesting.

I'll start with a very obvious one on a numbers related topic.

Dear religion,

This week I announced the discovery of 554 new planets while you massacred 2000 people in Nigeria.

Yours, Science
RE: Dear Religion
Queue the hordes of "I-don't-want-to-offend-anyone-self-labeled-agnostics" saying "I like Gervais but he's an ass for making fun of religion so much".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Only 'science' can take credit for observing what has always been, then act like it has created something new.

If a child did this in school for any length of time, he would be assigned to the 'short bus' before he became a danger to himself or his class mates. So good job 'Science!'
And only 'religion' can take credit for asserting what has never been, then act like it has always known it.
- Thomas Jefferson
(January 12, 2015 at 2:20 pm)Drich Wrote: Only 'science' can take credit for observing what has always been, then act like it has created something new.

Is that what it's doing? Because I thought it was taking credit for adding to our current body of knowledge. My bad.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Dear religion,
Hate to be the one to tell you this, but people are more and more waking up to your bullshit. Hope you have a good 401K,
Yours truly, Science
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Dear Religion,

I've helped make great advances in just about every field known to man. You're still stuck repeating the same thing in mythology.

With hate, Science.
Dear religion

Please stop looking to ancient myths for guidance. Morality is inside of you, it does not come from religion.

Yours hopefully, Science
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Dear Religion,

Our relationship isn't quite what you think it is. You're always looking over my shoulder, judging me and telling me how I got things wrong. Then, in your inconsistency and unpredictability, you go and take credit for my work that you like. You're constantly putting me down, and most of the time you do that using the fruits of my labor. I may not be perfect, but your arrogance and over-bearing nature make it impossible for me to function. In short, you're going to have to move out.

Oh, and it's not me, it's you.

Yours truly,
Science.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Dear Religion,

Stop pissing on my stuff and claiming that it's now yours. I worked hard for that stuff.

Sincerely,
Science.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God ignoramus 21 6871 June 12, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10717 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4905 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19815 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Dear Resident Theists Longhorn 271 61892 September 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49306 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Dear ex-theists Bad Writer 55 14440 March 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Dear Forum... JesusFreeeek69 53 20666 January 31, 2012 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Mitja
  Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools! DiRNiS 15 6547 May 19, 2011 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5186 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused