Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello,I'm back from outer space!
Tongue 
Hello,I'm back from outer space!
Hello, I'm Pizz-atheist originally called Saul the not so great. I started an account here three years ago, posted five posts, then stopped visiting the site. I think this was around the time was an active member of another atheist forum that was a spin-off from the Infidel guy forums. I slowly lost interest in that other forum around that time and was sick of internet forums.
Now I feel like posting on an atheist forum again. A little about myself: I'm an atheist living in the Bible belt. I'm half-Mexican and I'm bisexual. I'm very introverted. I became an atheist in the early 00s. I can't remember what made me move away from Christianity and theism but I think it was many things like learning about atheism, most arguments for god and religion are depressingly underwhelming, the dishonestly of the "best" Christian apologists, personal tragedy in my family, and me learning about basic critical thinking skills all played a part in my leaving Christianity and theism behind.
I like comics, my favorite so far are The Wicked + The Divine, Deadly Class, Sex criminals, Revival, The Manhattan Projects, Rocket Girl, Wayward, and iZombie. I don't care much for superhero stuff at the moment but might try reading silver age and bronze age superhero stuff like Early X-men and the New Teen Titans. I'm more interested in manga and American indie comics to be honest. I enjoy anime but I haven't watch any in a long time. I like webcomics like Bad Machinery, Back, Gunshow, Dr. Mcninja, and Gastrophobia. Okay that's enough, Saul.
Confused Fall
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: Hello,I'm back from outer space!
Hi Saul. I remember you from AF.com a few years back.

Welcome (back) to .org Smile hope you stick around.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Heya pizza dude, nice to meet you Smile

Now I want a pizza! It's my favourite food ever.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hello+welcome!

Very biblical: from Saul to P... izza
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hello Saul. Nice to meet you.

I used to collect comics years ago and when my daughter got into them, I decided to jump back in. The landscape has change, in a good way. I try to suggest Locke and Key when ever I can, if you haven't already read them.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hi Saul and welcome back!

I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun!
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Did you just walk in to find us here with that sad look upon our face...s?

Hi Saul!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Saul!!!! My Heart Heart Heart!!!!
Welcome and enjoy! Smile
(January 20, 2015 at 3:46 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Hi Saul. I remember you from AF.com a few years back.

Welcome (back) to .org Smile hope you stick around.
I'm surprised you remember me. I was an ass back in my AF.com days. Or maybe that was before you joined? I mellowed out near the end for the better. In the early days I didn't know how to behave on the Internet and was a real jerk.
rexbeccarox Wrote:Saul!!!! My Heart Heart Heart!!!!
Hey I know you too, awesome! Heart

(January 20, 2015 at 3:54 am)Exian Wrote: Hello Saul. Nice to meet you.

I used to collect comics years ago and when my daughter got into them, I decided to jump back in. The landscape has change, in a good way. I try to suggest Locke and Key when ever I can, if you haven't already read them.
I've heard good things about Locke and Key, and it looks reasonably priced on comixology.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Hi fellow space travelers Arjiuna 15 4779 April 6, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: c172
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5978 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates