Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Tracks, One Tire: The WWII Half-Motorcycle, Half-Tank
Two Tracks, One Tire: The WWII Half-Motorcycle, Half-Tank
If you are unable to get around in the harsh winter this might be your mode of transportation!:

http://gajitz.com/two-tracks-one-tire-th...half-tank/

And I thought things were ugly! But this probably drives good through different terrain.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
RE: Two Tracks, One Tire: The WWII Half-Motorcycle, Half-Tank
Dont seem to me that it would TURN all that well.. unless it could pivot steer...but if that was the case then the frount wheel would be redundant
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
This place never ceases to suprise me, I know a guy who found one for sale and is saving to buy it.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Ceases.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
The forks link through to a proprtional gearbox for track steering and all the controls closely mimic a motorcycle, thus making them very easy to ride/drive for many wartime soldiers, who more often would have riding experience rather than car driving skills.

In Germany at that time motorcycles needed no licence but cars did!

Andreas
I see that and raise you this:

[youtube]gpcv_-ICcIk[/youtube]
Quiet an impressive auto syn! Nice!
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
Those wacky Germans

This is one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk52tDKELdQ
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
The British were working on flying tanks, so let's not point fingers at the Germans shall we?

btw, a friend of mine is restoring a Zundapp KS 750, where the wheel on the sidecar was also powered. BMW later incorporated that very same idea.

[Image: 641px-Z%C3%BCndapp_KS_750_v_grey_TCE.jpg]
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Two Tracks, One TiThe WWII Half-Motorcycle, Half-Tank
(March 13, 2010 at 2:52 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: The British were working on flying tanks, so let's not point fingers at the Germans shall we?

btw, a friend of mine is restoring a Zundapp KS 750, where the wheel on the sidecar was also powered. BMW later incorporated that very same idea.

Are you referring to the rocket propelled Valentine which was supposed to be able

to leapfrog minefields but usually ended up on its roof?

According to my sources it was "short on practicality but long on entertainment value."

Though I believe the Russians tried winged tanks.

Re the K75 do you know you can still buy the Chinese copy of the Russian copy of it?

I've seen a couple(complete with sidecar) getting around here.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1244 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  What is job like in Motorcycle Showroom ? Megabullshit 13 876 April 1, 2019 at 1:46 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  The Drunk Tank LadyForCamus 185 14902 March 24, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2060 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5187 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1712 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Two people are drowning..... ErGingerbreadMandude 40 4768 January 10, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Can Two People Keep a Secret? Rhondazvous 41 4217 October 21, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Any motorcycle lovers here? ErGingerbreadMandude 16 2337 October 7, 2017 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Taboo of Number Two Catholic_Lady 397 26370 November 7, 2015 at 9:21 am
Last Post: brewer