Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAN Christianity is depressing!
MAN Christianity is depressing!
Just saying.

EvF
RE: MAN Christianity is depressing!
Why?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Lol? Need you ask?

Taken as a whole, it just seems rather sad to me that so many Christians - at least - view it as needing to be "saved" and as if what happens after they die - according to them - is more important than living their life now. I'm sick of hearing about salvation crap - saved from what?? From your own humanity?

And Original Sin is the most fucktarded concept of all time perhaps IMO.

EvF
You can find worth after this life and still live in the now. Living in the past or for eternal reward is a bit depressing and selfish respectfully. All in all I agree that it can be sad, I wouldn't call it depressing though.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Well it depresses me when I bump into someone and they spend as much time talking about the afterlife and salvation as this life.

EvF
You seem to seek it out/ want to attract it Evie. If you're bored of it it's got to be partly down to you I'd suggest.
Yea its depressing.. well the number of people who people believe that crap (that dont know crap about their own religion) just becouse thats what they were told.. thats the depressing part.
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Salvation is a bit weird but talking about the afterlife, or, an afterlife is pretty good fun.. As for Christianity being depressing, perhaps if you're easily depressed but then you could say the same for the cold, indifferent view of the Universe that science has shown.

Personally I think most things are only depressing if your mind works that way. Other things, like Q.I. being replaced with 'Eurovision: Your Country Needs You' is depressing no matter what your mood Sad
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
What I find sad about it is people who throw away this life (their only one) for the wishful thinking that if they are a good christian and beome the 'model american' (suburban house, dead end corporate job, minivan, 4 kids, more debt than their grandchildren will ever hope to be able to pay off) then they will be rewarded somehow, when they could have gone to college and/or could be doing something they really enjoy with their life.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

This Atheist Eve comic is probably a Propos to this thread.

[Image: iT1712U68262413ekJK.jpg]

I really cannot understand how people could insist that those old hymns are the only type of music that people should listen to.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How the black man embraced Christianity Foxaèr 48 7817 July 10, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6058 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6785 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18322 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9474 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Atheists are closer to Christianity than those who believe God is a man in the sky? AthiestAtheist 10 4578 November 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused