Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it.
I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it.
I have been a Deist for years and years, you know, one of those people who believe there was a creator, he created and then he left, so I guess I am not really an atheist, but lately when I see religious postings, even "have a blessed day" or anyone who talks about "Jesus" or how good Christians are, I just want to scream " ARE YOU INSANE?!?!" believing in an invisible man in the sky who listens to everything you say, watches what you do, is responsible for all the good in the world, but NOT responsible for any of the bad?!?!? I get so riled inside that I can hardly stand it. Does anyone else ever feel like this?
RE: I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it.
Well, I don't get mad, but jesus freaks sure are annoying. I get mad when I see my country spend buttloads of public money to fund catholic feasts.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I only get pissed at people who don't know how to keep it to themselves. Couldn't care less about the rest.
Hey welcome Smile

It's a constant source of puzzlement, that's for sure. Especially after having a "discussion" about it.

I'm more angry at the indoctrination that has mostly likely taken place. It's all that keeps religion going, pretty much.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Even if you hate the "zombie-virus" and not the "infected" - you're still going to have to bash their heads in, once in a while.
At least until there is a cure... Or they all starve/decompose... Or we build a giant wall... I'm taking this zombie analogy too far, aren't I?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Re: I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it.
[Image: 1c96ccf55226534971186d9f7b7ec718f6220b1e...f89268.jpg]
(February 28, 2015 at 5:30 am)Norman Humann Wrote: I only get pissed at people who don't know how to keep it to themselves. Couldn't care less about the rest.

I am sure my post sounded like I hated them all, I had just been "cornered" by a super Christian person. I only feel like screaming when them. I think The facebook thing bugs me because they all know I am not a believer and post that shit on my page anyway.
Quote:I am sure my post sounded like I hated them all, I had just been "cornered" by a super Christian person. I only feel like screaming when them. I think The facebook thing bugs me because they all know I am not a believer and post that shit on my page anyway.

I feel your pain man! I always think of it as a illness. Along with that, you can just excuse them. As far as when you get cornered by them try to keep cool and don't debate just say "Sorry, I'm Busy." or "Sorry, I have to run to a appointment." If they still try doing that then just walk away. If they get extreme don't be afraid to call the police or at least warn them. (in extreme cases) But don't expect much from the police. Lot of times they are the same religion or even in small area's they might belong to the same church.

There is a cool thing on Facebook you might or might not know about and its the "Unfollow" button. You don't have to unfriend them but you can get the posts off your new's feed. They won't even know you unfollowed them.

Best of luck man :-)
Welcome Cool Shades

Don't let it get to you. I chalk it up to them showing me their ignorance. I pretty much just stay away from the subject, that way we don't have to go down that road
(February 28, 2015 at 2:13 am)Tweezers Wrote: I have been a Deist for years and years, you know, one of those people who believe there was a creator, he created and then he left, so I guess I am not really an atheist, but lately when I see religious postings, even "have a blessed day" or anyone who talks about "Jesus" or how good Christians are, I just want to scream " ARE YOU INSANE?!?!" believing in an invisible man in the sky who listens to everything you say, watches what you do, is responsible for all the good in the world, but NOT responsible for any of the bad?!?!? I get so riled inside that I can hardly stand it. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Yes. They are obnoxious assholes. The thing is, they are probably obnoxious assholes the rest of the time too. There is something about religion that attracts obnoxious assholes. Stick around here long enough and you'll find some prime examples.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1053 68870 March 23, 2024 at 11:17 am
Last Post: no one
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10895 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 943 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 646 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  hate WinterHold 11 1397 November 21, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 6831 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 4853 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10543 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3697 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food? Alexmahone 113 12542 December 6, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Little Rik