Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notification when someone quote my post
Notification when someone quote my post
Can you please do that ? Levitate
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Notification when someone quote my post
A useful tool to know when someone is replying to one's post, on one hand. On the other, an annoyance. Unless it will be optional, or could be selected for specific threads.
Bump

C'mon guys, don't let this slide into the abyss, I need a straight answer from a developer/mod/admin.
This would certainly be an admin role unfortunately.

I've brought the thread to their attention buddy.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(March 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Bump

C'mon guys, don't let this slide into the abyss, I need a straight answer from a developer/mod/admin.

We are in the process of making a forum upgrade, software-wise. First things first, we can revisit your idea once that is done. Just hang tight.
(March 16, 2015 at 1:49 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(March 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Bump

We are in the process of making a forum upgrade, software-wise. First things first, we can revisit your idea once that is done. Just hang tight.

you gonna use something else other than MyBB ?
now u can make it ? just add it to the to-do list.
If it's mandatory I hate the idea. If you can decide manually to receive or not receive notifications for each thread, sure. If I'm notified every single time someone quotes me, that's going to get annoying really fast.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Once they get the Tapatalk plugin installed, then you can set it up so your phone gives you a push notification when someone quotes your post. There are also options to subscribe to threads where if anyone posts in that thread you'll get a push notification.

This will make it so the admins don't have to install more plugins or mess with the software.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 30, 2015 at 8:12 pm)Losty Wrote: If it's mandatory I hate the idea. If you can decide manually to receive or not receive notifications for each thread, sure. If I'm notified every single time someone quotes me, that's going to get annoying really fast.

^^^THIS^^^
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  email notification question Dancefortwo 8 1819 September 26, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: J a c k
  Is the fucking forum quote function in need of some subtle fucking tweekage? Succubus 14 1936 March 18, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Someone's been quoting me, but nothing's there. Foxaèr 9 2992 July 19, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1146 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do I quote other posts? Bunburryist 5 1684 August 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: wiploc
  Quote/Reply not working right in a thread Clueless Morgan 8 1926 August 31, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 6006 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Quote tags? Fidel_Castronaut 21 4613 April 17, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
Lightbulb Could someone Explain? Phatt Matt s 6 1462 March 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Notification for replies Tea Earl Grey Hot 5 2067 December 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Tiberius