Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Millican lays down the law.
Wink 
Peter Millican lays down the law.
Millican raises excellent points. Man, that Peter Hitchens is a chicken weasel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHRRjsttOc
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: Peter Millican lays down the law.
Nice. Peter sums it up very nicely, god job.

Yes, one of my friends tried to recommend Hitchins the lesser to me. I watched his intro, from this debate I think, and the logical fallacy meter busted before he even got to his main arguments. The only question, as usual, is whether he's deliberately being dishonest or just has no idea about how logic and arguments work.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I remember when he debated his own brother Christopher, he argued atheists cause the hoodlumism or something.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Man. Hitch vs hitch? I'll have to check that out.

I like debates, but I find it physically uncomfortable sitting through the theist portions. I'm just sitting there going, "Lie, strawman, argument from ignorance, ad hominem, non sequitur, non sequitur..."

We need a "logic referee" to interrupt every time someone uses broken logic. I want to hear their point of view, but all I ever get is tightly coiled dishonesty, and nothing I haven't personally debunked before. And nothing that would convince me at age 5.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Peter vs. Peter. Sounds like a cock fight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Argument from Degrees contradictory to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics? FlatAssembler 49 2160 June 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Blasphemy law in the United States Interaktive 37 3600 February 2, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Yongy50
  As an atheist, what makes your socks go up and down?? vorlon13 4 1522 May 18, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Demons coming down... Veritas 32 7096 December 25, 2015 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  How would you write a one-liner law against theism? strawberryBacteria 33 7446 September 15, 2015 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Famed biologist says religion ‘is dragging us down’ and must be eliminated Mudhammam 24 5596 February 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
Exclamation Religion broken down dyresand 0 1023 November 17, 2014 at 9:32 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Stephen Hawking Lays It All Out Minimalist 41 5677 September 26, 2014 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: MusicLovingAtheist
  Street Epistemology / Dr Peter Boghossian / A Manual For Creating Atheists mralstoner 0 1668 July 1, 2013 at 2:49 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  The one disputed law of atheism for the readily confused fr0d0 16 5287 May 5, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist