Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you write a one-liner law against theism?
How would you write a one-liner law against theism?
Say you're a statesman of the highest order in a country, where you can basically write any kind of law without needing them to pass any kind of legislation whatsoever. Ignoring how foreign countries might view the matter, what kind of law or rule would you make against theism or religions? I'll go at it first Big Grin

"Distribution of any theistic ideas without prior implication and explicit acknowledgement of their falsehood is illegal and punishable by law."
RE: How would you write a one-liner law against theism?
I might require purveyors of the various faiths to be able to pass a polygraph test regarding the sincerity of their beliefs. It wouldn't get rid of religion, but it would drive a stake in it's heart.

I'm not a lawyer, not sure how to boil it down to a legalistical sentence.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Kill em all, let god sort it out?

Or, Sorry, you all need to be relocated as we have a better use for the land your occupying. Don't worry, Death Valley is just a name. We'll have it changed to Gods Country! Please report to the nearest relocation center. The non compliant will only receive "you know whose" wrath.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Church and State shall remain separated in such that the government shall not have any involvement in religion (including protecting religious definitions, no laws shall be passed solely based on religious doctrine nor to protect any religious institutes, or putting up religious monuments on public grounds, and excepting for court cases involving church officials and crimes committed by clergy including but not limited to child molestation and extortion) and the church shall not have any involvement in government (including endorsing candidates) save for the express paying of taxes.
I wouldn't. I might write a one line law about secular government: The state shall provide no funding or venue for religious practice or speech, nor shall any religious group or practice be given any privilege or right not accorded to all other similarly situated secular groups or practices.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
You are free to believe as you wish. You have no right to promulgate your beliefs by any organ of the state.

(September 13, 2015 at 8:56 pm)Cecelia Wrote: 1. Church and State shall remain separated in such that the government shall not have any involvement in religion (including protecting religious definitions, no laws shall be passed solely based on religious doctrine nor to protect any religious institutes, or putting up religious monuments on public grounds, and excepting for court cases involving church officials and crimes committed by clergy including but not limited to child molestation and extortion) and the church shall not have any involvement in government (including endorsing candidates) save for the express paying of taxes.
  •     A.)  Any tax-exempt religious organization whose clergy or leadership are found guilty in civil court of attempting to interfere with political affairs, impose law that favors their religious belief as in section 1 above, or otherwise influence the social order in a way that infringes upon the religious liberties or other civil rights of members not of their religious organization shall permanently lose tax-exempt status, and shall forfeit such properties as necessary to cover the debt, in the event that taxes cannot or will not be paid.
  •     B.) It shall be a criminal offense, punishable by not more than twenty and not less than five years in prison, for any organizational member who commits or attempts to commit the above offenses, if accompanied by actions which would conceal or mislead agents or police officers tasked with investigating such actions by the religious organizations.

A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 13, 2015 at 8:32 pm)strawberryBacteria Wrote: Say you're a statesman of the highest order in a country, where you can basically write any kind of law without needing them to pass any kind of legislation whatsoever. Ignoring how foreign countries might view the matter, what kind of law or rule would you make against theism or religions? I'll go at it first  Big Grin

"Distribution of any theistic ideas without prior implication and explicit acknowledgement of their falsehood is illegal and punishable by law."

King Darius did that already.

Daniel 6:6-8 (CEV) = 6 They all went to the king and said:

Your Majesty, we hope you live forever! 7 All of your officials, leaders, advisors, and governors agree that you should make a law forbidding anyone to pray to any god or human except you for the next thirty days. Everyone who disobeys this law must be thrown into a pit of lions. 8 Order this to be written and then sign it, so it cannot be changed, just as no written law of the Medes and Persians can be changed.”
Evidence or it's just fiction
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Um...If I was let in charge, we're all already doomed anyway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Argument from Degrees contradictory to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics? FlatAssembler 49 2157 June 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 2055 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1846 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1874 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2719 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Comparing Theism with Flat-Earthism FlatAssembler 26 1977 December 21, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Blasphemy law in the United States Interaktive 37 3594 February 2, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Yongy50
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Protection Against the Wiles of Theism Rhondazvous 9 1498 April 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11355 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus