Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a Noob is hard but here goes...
Rainbow 
Being a Noob is hard but here goes...
Totally new here but not new to having my view changed. I live with my fiancee, who is wiccan. We have four children between us. We have three cats who love to spaz out at midnight and particularly 3am. We live in a small rural town where the bars outnumber the churches. I am of Italian heritage. I love to cook, garden, roller skate, fly in planes and spend time with my children.

A part of why I am where I am in my journey is because I had a mother who could never decide what religion she wanted to follow. At one point in time I was told I was catholic. As a child I've also been told I was Methodist, Lutheran, Non-denominational and Pentecostal. I was left confused and bewildered as a kid.

I'm still learning. What I do know is that part of my converting to atheism stems from anger. A lot of it. Part of it comes from being put through a sense of confusion during childhood. But, as I have learned more and more about atheism, I am realizing that while my continuing to be an atheist will remain, my reasons for being one are changing. I am no longer angry at god. I simply believe that for me, there is none.

As I said, this is a learning process for me. I welcome input and education from those around me. I want to learn, to, as I've told my children, be a sponge so I can soak up the knowledge.

With that said - here I am!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Being a Noob is hard but here goes...
Hiyas, Judi.

It's good to leave anger behind, glad you've gotten to that point. Look forward to your posting.

Welcome

Someone will come along with cookies shortly. For atheists, this is an easy community for a newbe. Just start posting.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Since our normal cookie lady has been under the weather, I've been trying to fill in.

I brought a variety tray this time. Hope it's ok:
[Image: marijuana-treats.jpg]

Enjoy...
And, welcome to the forums.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 18, 2015 at 7:30 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: Since our normal cookie lady has been under the weather, I've been trying to fill in.

I brought a variety tray this time. Hope it's ok:
[Image: marijuana-treats.jpg]

Enjoy...
And, welcome to the forums.

Awesome cookies... is the green stuff what I think it is? Wink Shades

(March 18, 2015 at 7:22 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Welcome

Someone will come along with cookies shortly. For atheists, this is an easy community for a newbe. Just start posting.

Thanks Jenny! Yes, I jumped right in didn't I? Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Welcome. Interesting journey you've been on. Hopefully being here calms things for you a bit.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome aboard!
Enjoy your stay.
(March 18, 2015 at 7:21 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Hiyas, Judi.

It's good to leave anger behind, glad you've gotten to that point. Look forward to your posting.

It's been hard to let that go. There is a lot going on in my life, but it's a learning process. Too much bs in dealing with lifestuffs. I look forward to being here.

(March 18, 2015 at 7:40 pm)c172 Wrote: Welcome. Interesting journey you've been on. Hopefully being here calms things for you a bit.

The religious confusion is only the tip of the iceberg. My journey has sucked for the last ten years. I need to find a peace within myself. I think I've been avoiding that. I need to find a way to ground myself and accept the fact that I cannot always control the situations I've been handed. Working on that too.

Working on so much, I think I need a break every now and then.
(March 18, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: Awesome cookies... is the green stuff what I think it is? Wink Shades

Well, it is almost Easter. Gotta have some Easter grass for that... Wink Shades
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2280 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Noob, there I said it Captain Monkeyshines 24 3698 May 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  An intro from a noob The Valkyrie 28 6220 November 11, 2013 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Just Here for Advice, but Hi! Pinja 20 5920 August 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: SmarterthanU
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6685 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  I'm new here, so you may not be aware of my legendary status, but you soon will be. Gambit 13 3476 April 30, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Another noob Mudflappus 20 4700 April 14, 2012 at 12:54 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Music NOOB :D musicality 15 4903 April 5, 2012 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: BoyWonder
  Noob Nazirong 14 2510 October 16, 2011 at 12:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Hi i'm a total noob to the Atheist Forums :P adam_1992p 24 7737 July 4, 2011 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Epimethean