Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Version of the Bible
New Version of the Bible
I understand an ancient copy of the Pentateuch has been discovered in some caves in the Midbar Yehuda (Judean Desert). The most significant thing about this copy is that it has study notes as part of the original text! This is significant, because if verified, they too are the Word of God. Imagine how much easier it will be to do scripture study! No more long nights sifting through sources that are not original, looking for THE answer!

I have put in a pre-order for 300,000 copies to the Sunni man who found them. Let me know if you are interesting in purchasing one at cost.

Allahu Akbar! (Or so it says at the end of this newly discovered copy).
RE: New Version of the Bible
(March 22, 2015 at 12:17 am)daver49 Wrote:

I have put in a pre-order for 300,000 copies to the Sunni man who found them. Let me know if you are interesting in purchasing one at cost.

Allahu Akbar! (Or so it says at the end of this newly discovered copy).

I'm only interested in a signed copy (if it comes with a certificate of authenticity.)
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
A signed copy would be nice, but I'm not really interested unless it's a signed first.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Not interested.

But if I can find a pirated version on a torrent site I might take a look at it for the laughs.
[Image: 28cocd4.jpg]

Well, I f-ing hope it's in plain, common English. Otherwise nit-wits with agendas will twist it however they'll please in translation, just like they did and still do with all the other scriptures. And the dumb masses won't understand any of it anyway. Come to think of it - it'd better have lots of pictures...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I agree, signed and certificate. Even then I would be so skeptical. It's still written and would have to see something like gods hand giving it or placing it there.
Is it a fraud or just a troll? Can't decide. Confused
Anybody that needs half a page of study notes to explain the first half has issues communicating and should not be writing books.
I'm going to have to wait for authentication before I place an order. I already have several works of fiction on my bookcase now. Hmmm... maybe I should reserve a copy just in case.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which version of xtianity is most likely to be correct? FrustratedFool 20 1150 December 8, 2023 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44116 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  which version of christianity is correct? Drich 86 8932 March 30, 2020 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Dundee
  New Revised Standard Version Bible has Dead Sea Scroll input ?!?! vorlon13 17 3865 February 20, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheist version of Pascal's wager Nihilist Virus 57 10596 February 4, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  What's the Difference Between a Translation and a Version Rhondazvous 19 11735 May 13, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7450 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Which Version Of Christianity Is The Correct One? Confused Ape 57 11080 May 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Digital Version of Greek Xtian Writings Minimalist 2 1402 September 18, 2013 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  E-Text version of the Bible with UNBIASED explanations? caschmid 5 3386 June 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist