Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look Up In The Sky and See, Neil Rhapsody
Look Up In The Sky and See, Neil Rhapsody
I'm just a small earth, I need some smpathy, cause it's easy come easy go, ..........Neil on 60 minutes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-seconds-i...physicist/
RE: Look Up In The Sky and See, Neil Rhapsody
Put a Quantum Twitch against it's head, wave function collapsed , everything's dead, MOMMA life had just begun, now the universe has thrown it all away........Nothing really matters, Lawrence Krauss can see, nothing really matters, to me.
(March 23, 2015 at 8:05 am)Brian37 Wrote: Put a Quantum Twitch against it's head, wave function collapsed , evertying's dead, MOMMA life had just begun, now the universe has thrown it all away........Nothing really matters, Lawrence Krauss can see, nothing really matters, to me.

Umm what?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(March 23, 2015 at 8:07 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(March 23, 2015 at 8:05 am)Brian37 Wrote: Put a Quantum Twitch against it's head, wave function collapsed , evertying's dead, MOMMA life had just begun, now the universe has thrown it all away........Nothing really matters, Lawrence Krauss can see, nothing really matters, to me.

Umm what?
I think they must be lyrics by a Queen cover band called Wolfgang Pauli.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 23, 2015 at 8:07 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:

Umm what?

In all seriousness you have to bone up on some Lawrence Krauss. He says "nothing" really matters, in science. I was playing off of that and that Neil, like Sagan and Krauss as well are really accepting of our place in the universe.

Don't get me wrong. I suck at science. But just like driving a car, I do get lots of the metaphors they use to explain it to laypersons like me. I do know that my car does not run on pixy dust.
Haha, that was a nice vaguely poetic mashup Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 23, 2015 at 9:15 am)Alex K Wrote: Haha, that was a nice vaguely poetic mashup Tongue

This is what you come up with after sniffing paint.
(March 23, 2015 at 10:32 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 23, 2015 at 9:15 am)Alex K Wrote: Haha, that was a nice vaguely poetic mashup Tongue

This is what you come up with after sniffing paint.

I have the suspicion that if you look at the original footage which is 100 times the length, it'll sound slightly more coherent Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1635 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Thumbs Up Must see SCOTUS cases. onlinebiker 24 1216 October 12, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Up See what overpopulation does? onlinebiker 7 621 March 26, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1716 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Hillary Clinton - They ( black men) All look alike. onlinebiker 69 7652 November 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  You look cute in them there Jeans.... Brian37 0 244 September 4, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Huh. Maybe They All DO Look Alike BrianSoddingBoru4 8 678 August 18, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 763 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1258 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Look what Jack in the Box will give you for $4.20 !! vorlon13 14 1808 December 31, 2017 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama