Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fuckheads Will Be Screaming About How They Are Being 'Persecuted' Again
The Fuckheads Will Be Screaming About How They Are Being 'Persecuted' Again
Good.  Fuck 'em.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/supre...n-schools/

Quote:Supreme Court preserves New York ban on worship services in schools

The appeals court had said the New York City Board of Education’s regulation, created so the city would not be perceived as endorsing religious activity in a public forum, “was consistent with its constitutional duties.”

That court said the ban was a reasonable way to abide by the so-called Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution, which provides for separation of church and state.
The rule prohibits school buildings from being used for religious worship services or as houses of worship, but the city allows groups to use schools for non-religious activities.
RE: The Fuckheads Will Be Screaming About How They Are Being 'Persecuted' Again
That's some good news. Isn't that what church is for? lol
Separation of church and state. Seriously. Why the fuck is it so hard to understand?
Quote:Supreme Court preserves New York ban on worship services in schools
As it should be in any secular State. Crucifixes were banned in my country almost 10 years ago. Religious class exists but it's optional.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 30, 2015 at 12:46 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Separation of church and state. Seriously. Why the fuck is it so hard to understand?

"Urhm, that only applies to the state staying out of the churches!"

Those who say that, of course, fail to ever give a response to the question of how this prevents the church from tampering with the state, causing it to tamper with other churches, but then... well, we all know that this line is about preserving christian superiority rather than actually executing the law. If the person saying that line wasn't a member of the majority religion, they would never be using it.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
This is a childish reaction on the part of those who want it. The reason you do not treat public venues as houses of worship is because you don't want those public venues to become indoctrination centers like in the Middle East. And I still do not understand with all the privately owned houses of worship of all religions 360,000 if not more in America why they would stupidly claim they have no place to go.
@Dystopia, they ban crosses in public property but I am sure they don't ban religion on private property. Yes that is the only fair way to protect pluralism.
I see no reason to not allow it - Your property, your call - Some of the best schools in my country are Catholic and it costs a fortune to put your kids there (maybe 500-600€ per month)

The university where I'm having my masters degree is Catholic and it's expensive, though I'm an adult so no one is required to worship anything.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

In theory, there shouldn't be a problem with religious use of the building as long as the government (the owners) allow equal access to whoever wants to use it. In practice, they don't want to let Satanists use it so they just go with a blanket prohibition against any religious group.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
You're persecuting us by stopping us having special treatment!

Wankers.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7026 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Is people being violent until they find Jesus a common occurance? ReptilianPeon 27 5136 November 12, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Ignorant Xtian Fuckheads in Arkansas Minimalist 28 6480 June 20, 2014 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: zanOTK
  Persecuted Christians Foxaèr 36 7007 December 27, 2013 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 43173 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to: Ziploc Surprise 9 4668 December 18, 2012 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Evidence for God being "a superior being" ? Rwandrall 151 71486 June 12, 2011 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BethK
Bug Half of Americans believe U.S. Christians persecuted reverendjeremiah 26 6592 May 15, 2011 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Zen Badger