Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the left and right come together....
When the left and right come together....
They show us all what true cronyism is really about.

Bipartisan unanimity in outlawing direct to consumer vehicle sales in West Virginia. A 32-0 vote. 

So the only way a person can buy a new vehicle in WV (and Texas, Maryland, Michigan, Utah, Arizona, and 5 others.) is through a dealership. Auto makers cannot sell directly to their consumers. 

Tesla Motors has a direct sales model. They are bucking the trend on a lot of fronts, including getting rid of the middleman, the franchised car dealership. It makes sense. No on likes car dealerships, and they have to make money, so prices go up. Tesla says no to that, with one exec stating "How do you sell the future if your business depends on the present?"

By the by, WV's Senate President Pro Temp is a car dealer. So yeah.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: When the left and right come together....
And the only people that this could possibly benefit are wealthy dealership owners and those receiving contributions from the same. They are just using their remunerated influence to take a cut for providing an unnecessary service. 
(April 4, 2015 at 6:33 pm)Cato Wrote: And the only people that this could possibly benefit are wealthy dealership owners and those receiving contributions from the same. They are just using their remunerated influence to take a cut for providing an unnecessary service. 

Think big. It helps the oil lobby by proxy, since now there's a middle man to make things more complicated. Always follow the money.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I hadn't even realized there was an "Automotive Dealer's Association" until these articles. "Consumer Protection" my nutsack.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1582 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Come on Pelosi onlinebiker 11 1094 January 10, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Put your lips together and whistleblow. Brian37 22 1940 September 21, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 24617 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Identical twins transition together Foxaèr 0 139 October 20, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  A Hint Of Things To Come Minimalist 18 1779 October 11, 2018 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Maybe She Wised-Up and Left Him? Minimalist 21 2289 May 25, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Crazy Left Keeps Coming...Please. Don't Stop. Neo-Scholastic 152 19027 October 31, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Shake It Up, Mueller. The Time Has Come. Minimalist 2 344 October 10, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Come On, Putin. Do It! Minimalist 20 3960 September 7, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Tiberius