Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archbishops complain about christians being sidelined.
Archbishops complain about christians being sidelined.
Oh boo hoo.

see below link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8591331.stm

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Archbishops complain about christians being sidelined.
No, she should not have been dismissed for her beliefs.

If she had been a Muslim there would have been an outcry.

Whilst I don't hold with her beliefs she shouldn't be punished for them.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I don't see the problem with her having a cross at work. Unless there is some kind of rule against jewelry (which the cross would be classified under) then why remove it?
It's our PC Bull*** country. The guy is speaking about the hypocrisy in giving legal protection to those of other Faiths, and their practices, at the same time as disallowing outward expressions of Christianity i.e. the wearing of crosses. ''Oh, they may cause 'offence'.'' It's rank bull**** hypocrisy, and typical of UK governments. Jewellery would be ok, a symbol of This Particular Faith is not. Islam recieves more protection in British Law than Christianity. All anyone has to do these days is scream about 'persecution', and the Law steps up and drops more bull**** over the Right to Free Speech.
If you ain't ukie you would really be amazed at what a narrow-minded, selfish, hateful little rock the uk is these days. I live here, God help me.
If you are ukie you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
''Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.'' Robert Oppenheimer
Why isn't a symbol of a particular faith ok? Your stance seems quite hypocritical to me.
How hypocritical? Like I said, if someone, anyone, takes offence at something the law is only too willing to back them up, regardless of Right to Free Speech. It's all about how loud you squeal these days. Any thing in itself is ok, so long as NOBODY complains. Understand? If you ain't ukie you probably don't. The cross isn't ok. The burkha is. Special diets are. Special places to pray, and time to do so are. That's how our law works these days.
''Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.'' Robert Oppenheimer
Oh ok. I thought you were actually saying "jewelry is ok, anything representative of a faith is not" as your opinion. I'm from the UK, I know what you mean. This country needs a revolution badly.
I don't believe a Burka is a religious symbol. It's traditional dress.

But that's not what the thread is about, correct?

Say a xtian woman wears a crucifix necklace and a muslim woman wears an Islamic symbol necklace to the same place of employment. Are you all telling me they would demand removal of the cross and not the Islamic symbol?

Maybe that place of employment has a "No" religious symbolism allowed or No personal adornments upon your work uniform policy. If so I support her removal for refusing to comply.

I saw no mention of a company policy in that article. Maybe they left that out of the story purposefully because if they have such a policy then no story would be had and the easily riled folks like Redfish would have to find something else to whoop about.

Sometimes important facts are omitted from stories just to make a story and cause controversy and sell papers (or advertisments).
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Allow me to suggest a modest compromise.

Nail her to a cross.

Big Grin
The UK is particularly self defacing in everything, it's the way we are apparently. Minority asian religions protest vigorously for their right to religious freedoms, and Christians think they are the state religion and get all sorts of unequal restrictions imposed. It's quite funny really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7804 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31229 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  NC Church Caught Practicing Christianity - Neighbors Complain TheRocketSurgeon 50 7103 November 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51156 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  How do Christians justify not being catholic? Alex K 43 6635 April 27, 2015 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15800 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 43302 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Evidence for God being "a superior being" ? Rwandrall 151 71623 June 12, 2011 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BethK
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9941 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris