Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe (the movie)
Do You Believe (the movie)
I just returned from watching "Do You Believe", the movie made by the people who made "God's Not Dead".

It was a little bit too long and slow-paced. Several times I thought about pretending to get a phone call, so I could go outside and take a break. The previews were all for Christian movies which was a little strange.

The actors seemed more natural and convincing in "Do You Believe" than they had in "God's Not Dead". The most appealing character was the atheist doctor in the ER, so that is also an improvement.

The people behind me started saying things like "amen" and "praise Jesus" near the end of the movie, so it seemed to please its target audience.

If you made it through my boring movie review, then you know how I feel after watching this movie. Tongue
RE: Do You Believe (the movie)
I am not going to waste 1 cent i will torrent it and then give it a fair unbiased review.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Hmm...That or reruns of The Venture Brothers??

Yeah, I'll pass. I look forward to reading the reviews of those of you who watch it, but have little interest in doing so myself.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
There is a great review of that on the scathing atheist podcast
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 12, 2015 at 12:08 am)dyresand Wrote: I am not going to waste 1 cent i will torrent it and then give it a fair unbiased review.

I'll be curious if you can sit through it. Wink The movie was very slow moving. Athough it had some good moments, and I found myself thinking about a few scenes from the movie the following day.

I definitely preferred this movie to some of the special effects action movies that are so popular, but I know my tastes are in the minority.

I await your review of the movie. Cool
What the hell would posses you to go see this movie in the theatre?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 12, 2015 at 11:10 am)Faith No More Wrote: What the hell would posses you to go see this movie in the theatre?

LOL Big Grin  I see my mother several times per week to keep her from being lonely, and she enjoys going to movies. It's hard to find movies that are family-rated, and she is a somewhat fundamentalist Christian.

Earlier this year, I was trying conceal my atheism from my mother by suggesting watching Christian TV or Christian movies or buying Christian books or knick-knacks. I even tried to attend a Catholic mass on Saturday evenings with my mother.

But, now I think I need to avoid the topic of religion, because it only makes my mother more suspicious. I won't be winning any academy awards for my acting apparently. Tongue

Actually, as I was sitting through that boring movie, I found myself wondering if I should just admit to my family that I think Christianity is hogwash. Huh
somewhat fundamentalist Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

God's Not Dead was one of the worst movies I've ever sat through for twenty minutes. Ugh. I think I'll pass on this one.
To bad you couldn't have gone with a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000. You could have had a competition to see which of you could come up with the cleverest lines to mock the movie.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rcent Christian Movie Ratings TheJefe817 9 823 April 23, 2023 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4846 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Another retarded religious movie. Foxaèr 7 1109 June 16, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1497 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can you believe this shit? Spooky 35 8576 July 18, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Why do you believe in God? ObliviousCat 64 11599 May 4, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  You Cannot Trust What You Believe Davka 10 3505 January 16, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Davka
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 8694 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  What would it take for you to believe in God? te1148 166 22882 May 26, 2014 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Losty