Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
proofs of existence of God,
proofs of existence of God,
In this forum you want other proofs of existence of God, ok I am going to give you proofs:
1-If I say to you that there is a ship swim in sea from one place to another,in a specific moving,and it does not collide with waves or glacial rocks,this ship swim without captain,do you believe me?of course not,why?because it must to be there a captain to this ship so it is impossible to this ship drive itself,so why you deny existence of God, so what about this very large universe,look at these galaxies,stars,trees,and so many creatures,this universe is very perfect,the earth is far from sun in a specific account,it can not be allowed to go out from this rule,how this sun not burn this earth because it is creation of God,how God created gravity,and how embryo raising in womb of his mother,then he bo out to life,but it is enough to look at your body to know that there is a creator God.
2-If you go to a recluse island and you find a big building constructed from several floors and many windows and furniture,then will you have any doubt that there was someone has came here before you? of course you will acknowledge that this building was built by proficient builders, but you do not know how they came to this island.our ignorance to builder of this building it do not deny our acknowledging that there is someone built it.it is impossible to say if i do not see who built this building so it built itself.
And i start making theories and i say:the stones collected by winds and arranged it and sky rain , cement which in ship was taken by winds so we have a building,as for The timber it has been blown out of trees and crashed into each other, and broken and made windows,and as for the glass has flared fire on soil and it made glass and it completed windows.
If someone says to you that obviously there is someone built this building with its architecture and design,I say to him: where is this builder came ?as long as I do not know any thing about this builder so this building is came randomly and by accident.
Does this sound logical???we have to say that it must be there a maker of this building but i do not know him and i will research informations about him??
I say that there is a creator of this universe which contain seas, rivers, galaxies, animals, plants, and so on, but our mind is very weak to surround God,we can not fight against God with our very weak situation,we can not live without drink and eat or at least we can not stop our urine.
If you dug a small hole can you put all water of sea in it?So,your mind can not accommodate many unseen things except what the prophet tells us about God.
4 - You do not see the magnetic force, but you see its effects, and we did not see God, but we see
effects and signs which proved the existence of him
5 - What you lead you to atheism? is not it the teachings of the church which contradict with mind
and science, and which shows the ignorance of priests? Why do not tend to the religion of Allah, to Islam.
, I have gave you the scientific evidences God shows it in the holy Quran, and the evidences that
Prophet Mohammed is the Prophet and promising in book Jews and Christians. and I indicated the location of Mecca and the scientific facts about it, you may say that the Buddha was able to make man polite like what Islam make but Islam believe in God and all his previous prophets and messages and it show you that Christianity and Judaism were corrupted and distorted, is there a book with Buddhists declare a scientific fact like miracle of creation of human being as it was mentioned in the holy Quran.my religion prohibited drinking alcohol and tells women to cover their bodies, woman is like a very expensive diamond we save diamond in a beautiful and locked box so that no one corrupted or play with it, woman in Islam is like a expensive diamond it is not a ware for sell, unfortunately you see some muslim girls cover just a half of their hair and they wear pantaloons and that has no thing to do with Hijab {scarf} scarf has conditions it must t be large and not to show parts of woman and so on.
As for doubt about existance of God The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to one of you and say, ‘Who created such and such?’ until he says to him, ‘Who created your Lord?’ When it reaches that stage, let him seek refuge with Allaah [say A’oodhu Billaahi min ash-shaytaan ir-rajeem = I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan] and stop thinking about it.”
this is a good cure to this suspicion.
Note:the verses which i report it is just a meaning of these verses and i do not report it as it is in Quran because no one can translate Quran 100 percent,if you know Arabic language then you will be sure that this Quran if speaking of Allah.
when i say God says this means Quran and when i say the prophet says so this is a tradition of or speaking of prophet Mohammed peace be upon him.

I will answer to your comment every monday.(en sha~a Allah)
another proof

atheist you are feeling depression and you are annoyed, you deny existence of
God.what is your purpose in this life.you will find the answer in the right religion that is "Islam",God created us to worship him, he said in the holy Quran "And I have not created the Jinn and the Human beings except to worship Me"[Surah Dhzariyat V.56],Islam has answered all the questions of people:why they was created, and what is in grave, and what after death, and are there other creatures than human,now let us look at scientific miracles:
the lates Egiptian studies wich conducted in the Center of Technology of National Radiation, Revealed that prostration to Allah make human free from suffering physical and psychological tension and other neurological diseases...and they discovered that prostration reduce tension, fatigue,and anger,in addition prostration plays an important rule in reducing risk of cancerous tumors.
The researchers pointed out that human subject to excessive doses of radiation,and live most of his life in electromagnetic fields and that what negatively affects his cells,but prostration to Allah helps body to unload the excess shipments which caused diseases such us convulsion of muscle, fatigue and oblivion. and they pointing out that the increase in the amount of electromagnetic Consignments without deflating exacerbating the matter and make it very complicated,and these electromagnetic Consignments couse confusion in the language of cells and destroy and disrupt its interaction with the external environment,so cancerous tumors will growing and maybe the embryoes will get many deformities,and the scientists proved that prostration on the ground help in unloading excess Consignments out of the body and get rid of it without any analgesics or medicaments which may couse harmful side effects.
the Egiptians experts proved that the process of unloading these electromagnetic Consignments start when we connecting our front of head with the ground,where the positive Consignments move from body of human to the ground which has nigative Consignments,therefore the body will get rid of cargo,especially when we use several parts,when we prostrate to God we use several parts such us nose,hands,and knees.
and in an exciting discovering, the researchers noticed in their studies that process of unloading electromagnetic Consignments from body of human requires to trend toward Mecca in prostration,and excactely that what muslims do when they make prostration,where they trend toward Kaaba in Mecca.And the scientists attributed this fact that Mecca is the center of the world's land, located in the middle of the Earth (and not the Grinitch city, as they say ) and we will discuss subject of center of earth later.
And tends toward center of the Eearth is the best conditions to unloading Consignments to human get rid of his tension, and then he feel psychological comfort, and that what muslims feel when they pray.
And the prophet Mohammed peace and blessing be upon him was stretching prostration.
Now let us look at the pork: God Has been forbid eat pork,ok look what does scientists say about that:
Pig contains so many bacterias, viruses,and parasites,and when you eat pork you can imagine what you will get:
Influenza
Balantidium Dysentery
Fasciolopsis Buski
Taenia Solium
Export
Ascaris
Trchinella Spiralis
Zoonoses

Now let us look at what some people deny which is Jinn knock down human beings:
Look at Television,look how muslim preachers ( I do not mean quacks who allege that they cure by the Quran,but i mean Legitimate cureds ) when they reading Quran on someone who was knocked down by Jinn,we notice that this person move in a strange case, then Jinn go out from his body, and returne as he was, natural person.
I wached a documentary on AL-MAJD channel, a philippine person was a magician, and he go back to islam again,because he see effect of Athan-Prayer on Jinn who deal with him.
You may ask me why he embrace islam,as we knew there are many islamic sects: I will say you what does the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him said,he said:"My Ummah will split-up into seventy-three sects; one in Paradise and seventy-two are in the Fire". this one is those who follow the way of prophet Mohammed peace be upon him and his companions.look at Shiites sect, they beat themselves with iron and knives like crazies and mads,and they allege that they love and follow Ahl al-Bayt- People of the House of prophet mohammed peace be upon him-, and Ahl al-Bayt are free from Shiites as Jesus free from christians,and look at so many other sects who do not follow what does prophet Mohammed says,so where is minds,this is a future miracle of the last prophet mohammed peace be upon him which confirm that he is the messenger from God.
You eat, drink, and practise all enjoyments of life but you still feel boring,and unhappiness, Although everything is available to you, but why?
the answer is that you give your body all what he want, but your spirit not, which need prayer and and many worships to your lord.
When you go to the church you satisfy the spiritual part of your need, how if your belief is belief of islam the truth belief, you go to the mosque and pray 5 prayers a day of prostration and kneeling and solemnly.
-You can see many suicides because of dissatisfaction and concern and unhappiness which many people suffer from especially atheists. this is an evidence:

Let us not forget that the devil is seized on that hearts, guide it through the dark to suicide.
But Islam is the true religion of Allah, does no harm human beig but help him. God has created man to worship. I have read that there is a person not suffering from any diseases, but was not able to sleep, only two hours, although take tranquilizers, etc. ... But when he embraced Islam and know Meditations of sleep and learn ablution he is now able to sleep.
The second evidence is that scientific studies confirmed that this universe will end and finish, is not that a proof of end this world?
A main evidence is the evidence of instinct, all of us has a sense that beyond this universe there is a creator and a manager of the universe,when a human being feel that he is in danger, for example, if he face an accident of plan or a car he calls God to release him, even if he is an atheist, so what is the secret beyond that??
this universe and its creatures of different colors indicate the presence of the Creator of the universe.if you look at the Footprints in one place it is an evidence that there is some one go from there, so what about this sky, heavens, this earth and so many very complex creatures, are that not indicate the presence of the Creator of the universe who is Al-hakeem al-knowing?.
All of us believe in energy, electrical and magnetic and feel pain, but we do not see it but we feel,so that showed us its existence, and we believe in the existence of God even though we did not see him,but because of the evidences of his existence, ALLAH he sent us his prophets and messengers to show us who we will worship and how to worship him, so those prophets calling us to tawhid (oneness of god ) and to do not make a partner with god.
many nations were feel the need to worship God but its explanation of worship was false and wrong, they worship stone, trees, Jesus the cross and idols.
--
sorry

I will give iformation about islam :
Some Basic Islamic Beliefs

1) Belief in GodMuslims believe in one, unique, incomparable God, Who has no son nor partner, and that none has the right to be worshipped but Him alone. He is the true God, and every other deity is false. He has the most magnificent names and sublime perfect attributes. No one shares His divinity, nor His attributes. In the Quran, God describes Himself:

Say, "He is God, the One. God, to Whom the creatures turn for their needs. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none like Him." (Quran, 112:1-4)

No one has the right to be invoked, supplicated, prayed to, or shown any act of worship, but God alone.

God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, the Sovereign, and the Sustainer of everything in the whole universe. He manages all affairs. He stands in need of none of His creatures, and all His creatures depend on Him for all that they need. He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, and the All-Knowing. In a perfect manner, His knowledge encompasses all things, the open and the secret, and the public and the private. He knows what has happened, what will happen, and how it will happen. No affair occurs in the whole world except by His will. Whatever He wills is, and whatever He does not will is not and will never be. His will is above the will of all the creatures. He has power over all things, and He is able to do everything. He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, and the Most Beneficent. In one of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad , we are told that God is more merciful to His creatures than a mother to her child. God is far removed from injustice and tyranny. He is All-Wise in all of His actions and decrees. If someone wants something from God, he or she can ask God directly without asking anyone else to intercede with God for him or her.

God is not Jesus, and Jesus is not God. Even Jesus himself rejected this. God has said in the Quran:

Indeed, they have disbelieved who have said, "God is the Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary." The Messiah said, "Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever associates partners in worship with God, then God has forbidden Paradise for him, and his home is the Fire (Hell). For the wrongdoers,there will be no helpers." (Quran, 5:72)

God is not a trinity. God has said in the Quran:

Indeed, they disbelieve who say, "God is the third of three (in a trinity)," when there is no god but one God. If they desist not from what they say, truly, a painful punishment will befall the disbelievers among them. Would they not rather repent to God and ask His forgiveness? For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a messenger... (Quran, 5:73-75)

Islam rejects that God rested on the seventh day of the creation, that He wrestled with one of His angels, that He is an envious plotter against mankind, or that He is incarnate in any human being. Islam also rejects the attribution of any human form to God. All of these are considered blasphemous. God is the Exalted. He is far removed from every imperfection. He never becomes weary. He does not become drowsy nor does he sleep.

The Arabic word Allah means God (the one and only true God who created the whole universe). This word Allah is a name for God, which is used by Arabic speakers, both Arab Muslims and Arab Christians. This word cannot be used to designate anything other than the one true God. The Arabic word Allah occurs in the Quran about 2700 times. In Aramaic, a language related closely to Arabic and the language that Jesus habitually spoke God is also referred to as Allah.
2) Belief in the Angels

Muslims believe in the existence of the angels and that they are honored creatures. The angels worship God alone, obey Him, and act only by His command. Among the angels is Gabriel, who brought down the Quran to Muhammad .

3) Belief in God's Revealed Books:

Muslims believe that God revealed books to His messengers as proof for mankind and as guidance for them. Among these books is the Quran, which God revealed to the Prophet Muhammad . God has guaranteed the Quran's protection from any corruption or distortion. God has said:

Indeed, We have sent down the Quran, and surely We will guard it (from corruption). (Quran, 15:9)

4) Belief in the Prophets and Messengers of God:

Muslims believe in the prophets and messengers of God, starting with Adam, including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them). But God's final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message, was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad . Muslims believe that Muhammad is the last prophet sent by God, as God has said:

Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but he is the Messenger of God and the last of the prophets... (Quran, 33:40)

Muslims believe that all the prophets and messengers were created human beings who had none of the divine qualities of God.

5) Belief in the Day of Judgment:
Muslims believe in the Day of Judgment (the Day of Resurrection) when all people will be resurrected for God's judgment according to their beliefs and deeds.

6) Belief in Al-Qadar:

Muslims believe in Al-Qadar, which is Divine Predestination, but this belief in Divine Predestination does not mean that human beings do not have freewill. Rather, Muslims believe that God has given human beings freewill. This means that they can choose right or wrong and that they are responsible for their choices.

The belief in Divine Predestination includes belief in four things: 1) God knows everything. He knows what has happened and what will happen. 2) God has recorded all that has happened and all that will happen. 3) Whatever God wills to happen happens, and whatever He wills not to happen does not happen. 4) God is the Creator of everything.
RE: proofs of existence of God,
Hi Moslem,

Quite a lengthy post there, and I am sorry I don't have time to get stuck into it yet, but I will once I get into my hotel. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Oh my what do we have here? Ok, now I couldn't really be bothered reading that long post since after reading the first few bits, I dismissed it. It's a jumble of nonsense to me.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Your list of beliefs doesn't really constitute "proof" of anything other than what you believe.
Ok, since I'm in a bit of a debating mood. I'll have a small pick at it.

Quote:4 - You do not see the magnetic force, but you see its effects, and we did not see God, but we see

Ok, this is one of those, "you see the effects but not the cause" thing.
Don't bother trying it mate. The magnetic force is already detected and explained by the laws of physics. God is not. There is no way to detect god in anyway. Now this planet had formed not created.

I think some of you guys already know this, but on board the space station, one of the astronauts had a bag of salt. When he shook it and then stopped, the salt starting forming. This pretty much answered the question of how the earth formed. Just in a far smaller scale but was in the right conditions (No gravity). So if you think it's impossible for planets to just form, well your wrong. The sun is there, the elements are there, the energy is there and so formation would happen. Science has already explained it through theory and tests. All you got is "goddidit".

So case closed on this one. When you say you can see the effects and that, it doesn't automatically mean that god did it. God is just a fragmentation of your over active imagination. The "god" element is a totally knew thing which arrived from your mind.
When someone said, darkness is without light, there correct. Then they add without god is evil, which is a totally knew element that came straight from the human mind. We see the effects, it's just we have our own perception of it's cause. You see the cause as "god did it". I see the cause as a natural event. It's all down to physics not superstitions.
-------------------------------------
Quote:5 - What you lead you to atheism? is not it the teachings of the church which contradict with mind
and science, and which shows the ignorance of priests? Why do not tend to the religion of Allah, to Islam.

Pure and simple, lack of evidence. Stories and claims will on cause me to turn. I need evidence. Science makes far more sense than religion.

As an atheist, I've found it easy to debunk theistic claims/beliefs. As a theist, it would mean allot of evasion and ending the debate because I'd have no answer to the question.

I'm a strong atheist, who walks hand in hand with science and reason. I need evidence of your claims, your god and yet I have none. You have not proven the existence of god. God is just a hypothesis, it is just a view that has no evidence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(November 24, 2008 at 6:10 am)moslem Wrote: 1-If I say to you that there is a ship swim in sea from one place to another,in a specific moving,and it does not collide with waves or glacial rocks,this ship swim without captain,do you believe me?of course not,why?because it must to be there a captain to this ship so it is impossible to this ship drive itself,so why you deny existence of God
The Mary Celeste sailed into the Mediterranean Sea, past the rock of Gibralta, and without crashing...all with nobody on board. Of course, your argument is the standard "ships have captains therefore the universe must have a creator" argument, and it is wholly without merit. We only know ships have captains because that is how our ships work, and how we made them. We know very little about how the universe appeared, and so far what we do know doesn't have a God in it.
(November 24, 2008 at 6:10 am)moslem Wrote: 2-If you go to a recluse island and you find a big building constructed from several floors and many windows and furniture,then will you have any doubt that there was someone has came here before you? of course you will acknowledge that this building was built by proficient builders, but you do not know how they came to this island.our ignorance to builder of this building it do not deny our acknowledging that there is someone built it.it is impossible to say if i do not see who built this building so it built itself.
Again, we only know there is a builder because of our past experience with buildings. If we took a person who had lived in a cave all their life, and had not seen any human construction at all, they wouldn't be able to say if there was a builder or not, simply because they have never had a notion of a builder.
(November 24, 2008 at 6:10 am)moslem Wrote: 4 - You do not see the magnetic force, but you see its effects, and we did not see God, but we see
Like what?
I just have a feeling that reading that much religious text at once all in one go just isn't worth it. Bound to be a waste of time and effort. Because all the arguments can simply be answered with "Real evidence please".
Moslem, if you will present your religious posts in smaller bits I am willing to read it.
moslem Wrote:we can not live without drink and eat or at least we can not stop our urine.

I can stop my urine – does that prove God doesn’t exist? Yes?? Nobody ever told me it’d be so easy!!
Next time I run into a Theist I will use this logic “I proved God doesn’t exist by withholding my urine”.

moslem Wrote:atheist you are feeling depression and you are annoyed, you deny existence of God.

You’re right, I’m feeling depressed and annoyed, especially after reading this far into your post and still finding nothing I haven't heard a million times before Dodgy

moslem Wrote:The researchers pointed out that human subject to excessive doses of radiation,and live most of his life in electromagnetic fields and that what negatively affects his cells,but prostration to Allah helps body to unload the excess shipments which caused diseases such us convulsion of muscle, fatigue and oblivion. and they pointing out that the increase in the amount of electromagnetic Consignments without deflating exacerbating the matter and make it very complicated,and these electromagnetic Consignments couse confusion in the language of cells and destroy and disrupt its interaction with the external environment,so cancerous tumors will growing and maybe the embryoes will get many deformities,and the scientists proved that prostration on the ground help in unloading excess Consignments out of the body and get rid of it without any analgesics or medicaments which may couse harmful side effects.

Can I be so bold to ask for at least *one* reference or source?

moslem Wrote:therefore the body will get rid of cargo,especially when we use several parts,when we
prostrate to God we use several parts such us nose,hands,and knees.

Now that you’ve mentioned it, I *did* wake up with this awful headache this morning. Somebody leaving their cargo on my head would probably explain that.

moslem Wrote:…and then he feel psychological comfort, and that what muslims feel when they pray.

Voila.

Iced Coffee gives me my psychological comfort – religion gives you yours. But I don’t force my caffeine addiction onto the rest of…well…I don’t * usually* force my addiction…that is….ok sometimes I force my addiction onto others.
Ok fine! I single handedly brought in legislation to enforce a daily minimum consumption of Iced Coffee.

moslem Wrote:Pig contains so many bacterias, viruses,and parasites,and when you eat pork you can imagine what you will get:
Export
Ascaris
Trchinella Spiralis
Zoonoses

If I eat pig I’ll get exported?! But I’m a citizien of this country for crying out loud! AAasaaarrrrgggghhhh!
*Blames snails*
*Realises snails are not to blame, and decides to blame Daystar instead*
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
Yup. I read the whole thing, and it is just more of a Holy Book being touted as evidence. However, it is nice to see a follower of Islam on here! I've never had the pleasure to talk to one.

I do have to agree though that shorter posts would be nice.

As a side note, I think that Islamic treatment of women is horrible (not that Christianity was/is a whole load better).
Jesus H Khrist ... six pages of complete and utter shyte!

(November 24, 2008 at 6:10 am)moslem Wrote: In this forum you want other proofs of existence of God, ok I am going to give you proofs

I'd put my money on them not being proofs at all ... let's see ...

1. The Earth, the universe, the stars, planets, galaxies, trees and babies are not ships so your argument is nothing but a strawman.

2. The Blind Watchmatkers aregumnet or perhaps the argument that if it looks designed then it must be designed ... again the natural world is not a building so it is another strawman.

3. What happened to number 3?

You can say there is a creator as many times as you like but believing there is is not proof just wishful thinking.

4. Magnetic fields are not gods.

5. What leads one to a specific POV is irrelevant to the claimed existence of deity and no, you provided no such evidence, you provide weak, badly phrased and irrelevant arguments.

I would want to see evidence of this radiation excess and supposed cure due to belief in Islam before (a paper in a reputable journal of science perhaps?), evidence that prostrating oneself to Mecca is in some way rationally defensible, evidence that pork is specifically bad for us (I rather like a nice piece of pork especially the crackling).

Television I accept has some negative aspects but it also, like most media, has some beneficial aspects (such as keeping us informed what the religious nuts of this world are up to).

The rest of your post seemed to be filled with drivel so I gave up Smile

Kyu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 9992 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6178 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 48545 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15619 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 24166 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 17228 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 78179 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4615 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Four proofs of the nonexistence of God Interaktive 182 44638 May 6, 2018 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Proof of God Existence faramirofgondor 39 8121 April 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape