Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.
Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.
To my well intended liberal friends on the left, the story you are reading I linked from atheists who are FORMER MUSLIMS and or still have family members in that religion and or still living in the East. NOW if they can agree that blasphemy laws are NOT good, can my liberal friends PLEASE STOP INSISTING ON POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!

http://www.thelocal.no/20150507/norway-s...do-attacks

Which I originally came across at this FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/exmna
RE: Norway scraps PC blasphemy laws.
Good job Norway

why are all the cool countries so cold *grumble grumble*... pun unintentional
RationalPoet.... Mind you, this includes atheists too. I don't agree with Ayn Rand atheists and I don't agree with Che atheists. And I don't agree with liberal atheists who insist on taboos. Only an idiot thinks an insult is worse than being murdered over an insult. In the civil west no one is free from being offended. Civility isn't in preventing getting offended, civility is what you do when you get offended.
(May 10, 2015 at 7:41 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Good job Norway

why are all the cool countries so cold *grumble grumble*... pun unintentional

1) the cold keeps the riff-raff out. (riff-raff defined as those unable to persist in the cold.)
2) you have to be on at least slightly positive terms with your neighbor because you may
need them to dig you out from under the latest few feet of snow.
3) most people want to be dug out when covered by snow.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Yeah! Progress Smile

Well done Norway.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yes, but you can still be prosecuted for hate speech if what you said is considered excessively offensive so you just use a different law to prosecute people Wink
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(May 10, 2015 at 7:44 am)Brian37 Wrote: ... Only an idiot thinks an insult is worse than being murdered over an insult. ...

I am quoting the above so that people will read it again, as it is well worth reading a second time.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Good for Norway!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I'm surprised.  I thought they spent all their time cross country skiing?
Sweden is even better and everyone knows why.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Norway Says "No Thanks." Minimalist 66 9258 January 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Apparently Ethics Laws Are Only for "The Little People" Minimalist 7 2792 July 12, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Former Norway PM held at Washington airport Thal 22 2124 February 5, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Australian state (ACT) passes blasphemy law to protect Muslims mralstoner 22 4234 August 15, 2016 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  North Carolina, then Mississippi, now Tennessee pass anti lgbt laws Phosphorescent Panties 48 5206 July 21, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Catholic Church in Norway ordered to pay $5.1 million for fraud rado84 6 1682 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bravo, Norway Minimalist 3 833 June 2, 2015 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Foxaèr 1 1283 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Huckabee says disobey laws on Gay marriage. Brian37 26 3562 January 20, 2015 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Blaspemy laws not just in the big three. Brian37 16 1980 January 12, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Brian37