Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently Ethics Laws Are Only for "The Little People"
Apparently Ethics Laws Are Only for "The Little People"
Not for WLBs with an overgrown sense of entitlement!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/trump-ca...usinesses/

Quote:Trump caught in another lie: Paperwork reveals he never stepped away from multiple businesses

Quote:resident Donald Trump neglected to complete the necessary paperwork to divest himself from multiple businesses in spite of his promises to hand over the running of his private interests to his two sons.

The Intercept reported Wednesday that Trump’s January press event in which he posed for the cameras with piles of “documents” — they were later found to be blank stacks of paper — and pledged to divest himself from his private businesses as president was a sham.
RE: Apparently Ethics Laws Are Only for "The Little People"
(July 12, 2017 at 1:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not for WLBs with an overgrown sense of entitlement!

Quote:Trump caught in another lie: Paperwork reveals he never stepped away from multiple businesses

Quote:resident Donald Trump neglected to complete the necessary paperwork to divest himself from multiple businesses in spite of his promises to hand over the running of his private interests to his two sons.

The Intercept reported Wednesday that Trump’s January press event in which he posed for the cameras with piles of “documents” — they were later found to be blank stacks of paper — and pledged to divest himself from his private businesses as president was a sham.

That's would appear to be something he could be got for. A bit like getting Al Capone for tax evasion, but something.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 12, 2017 at 1:35 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(July 12, 2017 at 1:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not for WLBs with an overgrown sense of entitlement!

That's would appear to be something he could be got for. A bit like getting Al Capone for tax evasion, but something.

All the Drumpf supporters here would scream murder if the same accusations were aimed at Obama.
Funny you should mention that, Brian.  Here is The DailyKos having a bit of fun.... and making a tremendously serious point at the same time.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/7/11...itt-Romney

Quote:BREAKING: Barack Obama Colluded with Iran to Collect Damaging Information on Mitt Romney

Quote:  In a shocking turn of events, it was discovered that former President Obama received damaging information on the Romney campaign in a unconfirmed quid pro quo for releasing certain sanctions against the government of Iran.

Nope. Sorry. This is total malarkey.

But think for a second about this shocking headline and how republicans would react to this, even if there was a cloud around what is known and unknown.
They would call for impeachment immediately, Call a Grand Jury. Install a Special Prosecutor before the day would be out. But don’t expect them to EVER turn the mirror on themselves.
The hypocrisy of the right is infuriating, and the idiocy of those who see every sourced fact as fake is as scary as it’s gotten in this country.

We don't have to worry about Breitbart or FUX.  We can see some of that shit right here with our resident Trumptards!
When I was at the defense contractor, back in the day, the company ran afoul of the government over some ethics issues involving petty and not so petty malfeasance at the executive level. Charging various personal expenses to government contracts and actually having a department with staff (!) to administer the graft and boodle.

The company had to pay a fine (real money, it got the executives attention) and the company puffed up the board of directors with some characters of probity and virtue.

-and-

down at the 'grunt' level, the folks who actually do the work and produce the product that is sold to make the money to pay the fine, we all had to go to ethics and compliance training.

BLECH

Anyhow, it was a series of deadly dull meetings and presentations. Quite a bit of common sense stuff (which hadn't been explicitly mentioned in the employee handbook for some reason) like not destroying company or government property, doing the paperwork correctly on how work was charged to the various programs we were working on, reporting folks who were doing things that could get the company in trouble again, being careful around company reps from other companies we were working with as they were assumed to be far less ethical than we were becoming, and we didn't want to get sucked into any similar disaster their companies might be inflicting on themselves because of their lax and decrepit ethics, and being super careful around all the government inspectors crawling all over the facility trying to snag the company in another hand in the cookie jar disaster.

We didn't hear what transpired at the executive level beyond a couple of early retirements, disbanding of the graft and corruption department and some tweaks in the company charter and mission statement.

No one at the 'grunt' level ever saw an executive at a compliance training class, that's for sure. It's a safe bet they had a cushy vacation retreat in some posh resort, at company expense, and had a few lawyers wine and dine them while imbuing them with some practical advice for avoiding such fiascos in the future over desert.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

For the most part, that doesn't happen in a cushy place, or a fancy resort, it happens at 1030 am in a nondescript meeting room with tapioca walls and motivational posters interspersed with third rate corporate culture "art"; where everyone is bored out of their mind and nursing a hangover from partying at the company bar across the street the night before, huh? 

The plebs are out on the floor making widgets, middle management is being lectured, and the higher ups are washing their hands. People get the axe for getting -caught- at grift, not for the grift..but because they were demonstrably incompetent at their job of grifting. That's the corporate sense of accountability, for ya, eh?

(sounds like you haven't always been a dirt farmer, lol? Me either - I used to lend my security clearance to manufacturers before I went Office Space on 'em)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Even as a lowly E-2, I had to complete an ethics statement documenting any personal connection I might have with both superiors and contractors, as well as tax info etc.

(July 12, 2017 at 3:41 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Even as a lowly E-2, I had to complete an ethics statement docementing any personal connection I might have with both superiors and contractors, as well as tax info etc.

This, and I guarantee that any classified information I had access to was far, far less interesting than what a White House staffer has, much less the president.

We received lectures on ethics on a regular basis, particularly but not exclusively as applied to security (i.e. if one does something unethical that one could get blackmailed for should the wrong people find out about it, one becomes an lucrative target for foreign intelligence agents).

Such things are for the little people, obv.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Consistency Is Not a Virtue If Your Only Consistently Evil The Architect Of Fate 3 237 September 2, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5829 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3168 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Think This Will Upset The Whiny Little Bitch? Minimalist 3 600 September 13, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Little rant regarding the kneeling thing. Chad32 51 5363 September 10, 2018 at 10:14 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Yeah....But A Little Racism Always Helps Minimalist 4 611 September 9, 2018 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Orange Fucktard Isn't The Only One Minimalist 0 216 August 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm
  This Could Be A Bad Day For Whiny Little Bitches Minimalist 20 1434 August 23, 2018 at 4:42 pm
  Mom who killed her two year old only gets 40 years Sterben 15 2061 July 21, 2018 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Amusing...If Only So Typical Minimalist 1 375 July 19, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: warmdecember