Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody wear Atheist Clothing?
Does anybody wear Atheist Clothing?
Just ordered myself one of these:

Now obviously I'm not going to wear it to Grandma's house, or hand out fliers on a street corner like a douche.  But I liked the design, and I feel I have the right to casually wear something representing what I believe (or don't believe as the case may be).

The listed meaning for this one is apparently "Militant Atheist".

Part of me wonders if I just wasted 23$, considering I live in Nebraska.  Nothing like the "Conservative Midwest".  I'll have to leave this one at home when I collect job applications.

Is this trouble waiting to happen?  Do you wear something similar, or more subtle?  Huh Huh

The wife doesn't seem to mind and may yet order her own.  Big Grin
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Does anybody wear Atheist Clothing?
[Image: croppedathtee.png]

I ordered this when somebody made these to help out Rebecca Vitsmun, the woman that Blitzer said "You've got to believe in God" or some such thing, after she survived a tornado in Oklahoma. After a while, I gave it up, though. I had heard that the woman in charge of the shirts was having some sort of financial or intellectual property disagreement with her.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Other than concert t-shirts and the occasional humorous one (this is my favorite):

[Image: whichcamefirst_fullpic_artwork.jpg]

I don't wear a lot of... words on my clothing.  I'm thinking about it now, though.  I do love my tshirts; why not add an atheist one of some sort?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
ALL of my clothing is atheist clothing.  None of it believes in gods.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 24, 2015 at 1:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ALL of my clothing is atheist clothing.  None of it believes in gods.

Boru

Yeah that was a issue a while back. You see my christian T-shirts decided they didn't like my clothes from a Jewish designer. Something about killing sweater Jesus or something. So yeah they tried to burn my Jewish clothing. Now I make sure all clothes are atheist.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(May 24, 2015 at 1:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ALL of my clothing is atheist clothing.  None of it believes in gods.

Boru

You totally stole my joke I was about to make Big Grin

I don't have anything specifically atheist, although I don't think it would draw a lot of attention where I live. Would be kick ass though.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I got these for the newest hole in my head. Not clothing, but...
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Where I live, if you're white and don't have a foreign accent, you're assumed vague-theist/deist/atheist until stated otherwise, so there would be no point. If I lived somewhere where atheists were mistrusted, I like to think I would carry some kind of identifier, probably a button with a positive message that wasn't hostile or condescending towards theists like many atheist messages I've seen on Cafepress. I appreciate the frustration and desire for retaliation atheists in many countries must feel but personally I would remember that most theists are well-meaning, and avoid alienating the more open-minded ones with provocative anti-theist statements. I'd go for something like 'atheists for peace' or 'proud to be a kind, compassionate atheist' or 'Good without God' .
"Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be."

Alan Watts
You mean something like this?

[Image: lxe8t.jpg]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I can think of at least two buyers for a short like that, on this site alone, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4626 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do neo marxist professors always wear 50s glasses, isnt it racist? Demi92 14 2799 July 7, 2018 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Joods
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3488 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  FYI "Atheist" does not mean lawless mob rule. Brian37 19 4414 December 25, 2015 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Apathetic and Atheist, What does it even matter? LivingNumbers6.626 4 1897 November 21, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: dyresand
  anybody else find this really poignant? fojo 0 928 November 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: fojo
  Atheist clothing Wunsbee 41 8110 December 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Does your family know that you are an atheist? Poetess 39 9115 April 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Blackbox
Heart Anybody feelin the love? MilesTailsPrower 19 4584 July 23, 2011 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Pastafarian wins right to wear spaghetti sieve on driving licence. downbeatplumb 20 12782 July 14, 2011 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Violet