Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism on the rise in the middle east
Atheism on the rise in the middle east
The ball is in our court atheism is growing where religion is frowned upon. Terrorists organizations and the internet even
other forms of media just helped the growth of atheism in those countries. 

I would say i have hope for those people. It being more or less the older generation at this point like the older 
christian generation here. More or less i doubt the younger moslim children teens etc will take their religion 
seriously once they get a decent internet connection.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Atheism on the rise in the middle east
It goes without saying that there are rational people over there and their numbers will only grow but boy do they ever face an uphill (and very dangerous) battle.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I wish there was more we could do to support them. I hope they'll eventually be able to make it to forums like this, even if they have to do so anonymously and with great care for now.

Fuck aggressive Islam. Truth doesn't need a group of thugs to enforce it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 13, 2015 at 12:38 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: It goes without saying that there are rational people over there and their numbers will only grow but boy do they ever face an uphill (and very dangerous) battle.

Which is first an foremost political in many of the Middle Eastern countries. As soon as they have first world problems, religion will lose it's foothold far quicker than it is now.

Which brings me to the point that Western policy is as stupid as it gets when it comes to the Middle East. For many decades bastards are supported as long as they play ball and regime change is pushed when it seems convenient, without looking at the needs and wishes of the people in question. It's easy to channel already simmering resentment into radicalism.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Quote:without looking at the needs and wishes of the people in question.

When the Egyptians were given a chance they elected the fucking muslim brotherhood.  Democracy is like a loaded gun  in the house....dangerous to the children who don't know better.
(June 13, 2015 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

When the Egyptians were given a chance they elected the fucking muslim brotherhood.  Democracy is like a loaded gun  in the house....dangerous to the children who don't know better.

And we won't know how that would have played out, since the young weren't best pleased with Mursi and demonstrating against him already. Now it's Mubarak #2 - for the next decades I assume.

And let me just note that I'm rather surprised to find you suddenly arguing for interventionalism. Works like a charm in Syria too. Not to mention Lybia, where we helped get rid of evil, evil Ghadaffi and doesn't take into consideration Tunesia, where the people got rid of their bastard and managed to install a rather stable government.
Interventionalism?  No.

But it works both ways.  When Bush started his "sprinkling democracy dust" shit and Obama gave his speech in Cairo that was intervention also.  Neither worked out so well.  People were inspired by false hopes. 

Suddenly throwing rocks at apostates or adulterers was not going to solve the underlying economic problems which plagued (and still plague) Egypt.  Fucking allah is not going to solve those problems....in fact, one could argue that their bullshit religion is the cause of most of their problems.  What use is a population which thinks it is educated because it can memorize the fucking koran?  That is of no use in the modern world any more that spitting out the bullshit platitudes that jesus supposedly said.

We have to face reality.  Even though we did not invade Egypt or Libya or Syria or Yemen or Bahrain it was our bullshit which inspired people to throw off the dictators which we had relied upon ( and propped up) to keep the peace.

Nice work we did, eh?
(June 13, 2015 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

[Image: image.jpg]
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(June 13, 2015 at 4:43 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: [Image: image.jpg]

Maybe you want to check what you're actually saying.

Just try to reflect on the statement and if the approach seems to be helpful if you were in their shoes. It's called looking at things from a different perspective.
(June 13, 2015 at 5:29 pm)abaris Wrote:
(June 13, 2015 at 4:43 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: [Image: image.jpg]

Maybe you want to check what you're actually saying.

Just try to reflect on the statement and if the approach seems to be helpful if you were in their shoes. It's called looking at things from a different perspective.

your reply is so damn complicated, do you hate that i replied with a meme ?

I'm actually very much agreeing with min, democracy for retarded arabs/muslims never end well.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism seems to rise in Turkey Woah0 1 831 September 11, 2022 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27074 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is Atheism on the rise? Incognito 44 3848 June 25, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When will the Middle East become majority Atheist? TheMessiah 99 20227 April 5, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12451 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Atheism & the Middle East. WinterHold 10 3203 November 7, 2014 at 9:32 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12121 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Starting Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics group in East County SD LivingNumbers6.626 13 5149 August 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Atheism on the rise - Demographics Dystopia 36 5629 July 30, 2014 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10463 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0