Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You've just got to believe one more...
Has anyone else noticed this pattern? Each time a new 'prophet' comes along they say all the 'prophets' that came before them are compatible with their own views.

Jesus came to tell the Jews you've just got to believe one more and they he would be the last one. Then Muhammad came to tell Christians and Jews you've just got to believe him and that he was the last one. After Muhammad you have Báb, and the Bahá'í religion, and he told people both Muhammad and Jesus were prophets but you just gotta believe one more. If that wasn't enough you then have Mirzā Ghulām of the Ahmadiyya, Joseph Smith of the Mormons (one M too many I think) and then Rastafarians (because Haile Selassie deserves to be worshiped apparently) and each one of them is saying you've just got to believe one more.

Did you know Ahmadiyyas believe Buddha, Confucius and Krishna were prophets sent by Allah? Talk about glaring contradictions just to try and get the people of the day to believe you. They also believe Jesus went to Kashmir, where he later died. And you thought Mormons were crazy!

RE: You've just got to believe one more...
Well the atheists also follow a similar trend albeit in reverse. The trend of believing just one less!!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Well, the Mormons really are crazy, and the sane ones are insincere hucksters.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But didn't the bible prophesied that Joseph Smith would be born in a manger?
(June 30, 2015 at 11:19 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, the Mormons really are crazy, and the sane ones are insincere hucksters.

Tongue

I've never met a halfway sane Mormon, what's it like?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
It's hard to believe a religion that split into different groups within the lifetime of its founders.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Most of the witnesses to the Book of Mormon were excommunicated.

Other Mormons were also seers. That's were Baneemy comes in that I mention here frequently. Baneemy is sort of a lesser god-oidal entity of some kind. He reincarnated (it's unclear if pods were involved) as Charles Thompson for a while.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

LDS has schismed well over 100 times since ~1820. Many of the schisms have schismed too. I know someone in the Remnant Church. I think they are a third or forth tier wholly disowned franchise.

'I swear guys, this is the last software update for Heaven2.0.....'
(June 30, 2015 at 1:32 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: 'I swear guys, this is the last software update for Heaven2.0.....'

The reason for Allah creating the Quran is because Judeo-Christian scripture become 'corrupted'. I.e. It no longer agrees with the Quran because Allah refused to protect it. Allah is such a fickle deity. Is the Quran protected? Who knows? Then Joseph Smith comes along and does something similar. Hm, I wonder if he was inspired by Muhammad...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23946 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 3824 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2534 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3784 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4041 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1751 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One Minimalist 40 7215 December 7, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6719 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7868 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10215 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished