Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Krokodil really eat a persons flesh while the persons alive?
Does Krokodil really eat a persons flesh while the persons alive?
Things are commonly overexaggerated. For example, propagandists over exaggerate the effects of Marijuana to keep it illegal. We know the effects of marijuana aren't bad. You don't become addicted, you don't die, and you certainly don't end up trying other drugs... it's basically harmless. But people still fill our heads with opposing nonsense to further their agenda. There also exists a software called "photoshop," you may have heard of it. It's a software that allows you to edit images to your satisfaction. So, for my question... Does Krokodil REALLY do what people say it does? Are the images of the effects real? Is this drug really that disgusting? Or is this a scare tactic?

And if it IS true, WHY? Why do people use this drug? Who is that stupid, that they'd chase a high, from a drug that makes them SUFFER? 

Yours truly,
One freaked out and confused person.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Does Krokodil really eat a persons flesh while the persons alive?
Pharmaceutical version, no. No more risk than equivalent doses of morphine, hydromorphone, fentanyl, ........

Street manufactured version, yes. Primarily due to toxins left over in street manufacture.

Addiction to any substance taken to the extreme causes extreme behavior.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm confused. Are you asking about crocodiles or are you asking about drugs? Huh
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Well, I imagine most people do krokodil because they are addicted to opiates. You get hooked on a different opiate, and when the only thing you can come across is an opiate that eats your flesh, you take it to feed your addiction anyway. Addiction is a powerful thing. The user reaches a point where their drug use isn't about getting high. It's about making the sickness you feel from withdrawl going away. It's a powerful sickness that your brain knows can disappear if you only feed the addiction. The fact that the drug eats your flesh becomes an afterthought when all you can think of is making the sickness go away.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 15, 2015 at 6:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Pharmaceutical version, no. No more risk than equivalent doses of morphine, hydromorphone, fentanyl, ........

Street manufactured version, yes. Primarily due to toxins left over in street manufacture.

Addiction to any substance taken to the extreme causes extreme behavior.

Yes.  Here is a start for someone on this topic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine#Toxicity

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 15, 2015 at 6:35 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: I'm confused. Are you asking about crocodiles or are you asking about drugs? Huh

Drugs.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
Yes krokodil is toxic and does that while again someone said the pharmaceutical version is harmless.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(July 15, 2015 at 10:25 pm)dyresand Wrote: Yes krokodil is toxic and does that while again someone said the pharmaceutical version is harmless.
The pharmaceutical version can cause harm if misused. The question was does it eat flesh, answer-no.
(July 15, 2015 at 10:25 pm)dyresand Wrote: Yes krokodil is toxic and does that while again someone said the pharmaceutical version is harmless.

The pharmaceutical version is certainly not harmless. It's supposedly eight times more powerful than morphine. Not only can you die from an overdose fairly easily, it is highly addictive. It's not something to be used without extreme caution.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 16, 2015 at 1:59 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

The pharmaceutical version is certainly not harmless.  It's supposedly eight times more powerful than morphine.  Not only can you die from an overdose fairly easily, it is highly addictive.  It's not something to be used without extreme caution.
Dilaudid is 10 times more powerful than morphine, fentanyl 200 times, these are used safely all the time in medicine. The same can be said for pharmaceutical desomorphine.
I did not say the pharmaceutical version was harmless, just does not eat flesh. Any opiate given at a high enough dose can cause overdose and is addictive. I am not advocating recreational opiate use, I'm opposed to it because of the overdose and addiction potential. I am not opposed to controlled use of opiates for pain relief.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 622 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1723 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2079 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  While out trimming the yard........ brewer 3 265 July 19, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My kid received this while Trick or Treating.... Figbash 33 2256 November 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1561 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1313 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Not going anywhere for a while? Brian37 24 2082 June 6, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Joods
  Is your favorite fish to eat, seabass? Edwardo Piet 55 5433 April 12, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If not for the sauce, I wouldn't eat that vorlon13 46 5939 December 14, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Haipule