Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If not for the sauce, I wouldn't eat that
If not for the sauce, I wouldn't eat that
Dear old mom's meatloaf.

Damn, it was dense and dry. OK first go round, but as a leftover (she always made a big un) it was horrid.

-except-

it had this great sauce on top. Damn, it was good. Brown sugar, mustard powder, ketchup, couple other things, it was just fucking wonderful.

I remember being a kid and insisting she make a double batch of the sauce and lather the damn loaf up with it.

Made it edible !!

One good thing about her meatloaf as a leftover, sliced thin and put on bread, it made a pretty tasty meatloaf sandwich.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: If not for the sauce, I wouldn't eat that
Ketchup has saved many a meatloaf.
Shouldn't this be in A69?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 6, 2017 at 8:10 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Shouldn't this be in A69?

Must admit, the moment I read the thread title, I started wondering what Vorlon and Hamster have been up to...
Dying to live, living to die.
Huge meatload fan here. A great sauce is the icing on the cake. And meatloaf sandwiches are the bomb (dot com, dot org, dot biz and dot gov). So you gave us the general idea ofr the sauce recipe. But I wonder the problem with the loaf itself? Did it have, say, mushrooms in it? That would be disownment grounds right there.

ETA: I mean "meatloaf", but I'll just leave that in.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
We use grape jelly on our meatloaf
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Every other homemade meat loaf I've had has exhibited a nice loose texture, and juiciness. Yeah, sometimes the juiciness is grease, but it's still juice. Moms had a tight texture and held together tenaciously. And as a leftover, it really became tough.

One of the neighbor ladies lines her meatloaf pan with slices of bread. They sop up the grease/juice and truth be known, are actually quite tasty as an accompaniment to the meat loaf main dish.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 6, 2017 at 8:14 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(December 6, 2017 at 8:10 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Shouldn't this be in A69?

Must admit, the moment I read the thread title, I started wondering what Vorlon and Hamster have been up to...

and keep in mind, I've had a change in pain meds today . . .

Yeah, your vorlon is a little more trippy than usual.

One of my grandmothers made meatloaf all the time.  Tasted like shit.  That woman couldn't cook her way out of a paper bag.
Jesus flavored ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 622 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1723 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2079 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1312 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is your favorite fish to eat, seabass? Edwardo Piet 55 5433 April 12, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  "Shit the Bed" Hot Sauce! ignoramus 7 2466 June 18, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Regina
  As smart as Min is, he is going to leave because he realized they wouldn't listen. Foxaèr 53 5278 February 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why the hell do I have the urge to eat an entire days worth of food by noon? EruptedCarcassBloat 81 8000 October 18, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Would you eat this cake? Losty 42 3999 August 4, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What did you eat for Easter? KUSA 33 2715 March 28, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: drfuzzy