Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage is a man and a woman living together
Marriage is a man and a woman living together
Angela Merkel doesn't believe in gay marriage:
'For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together'

[Image: l9188gist2h.png]

Angela Merkel has insisted that marriage should only be between a man and woman.

The German Chancellor backed equal benefits for same-sex couples - such as tax breaks - and said that while discrimination should be "eliminated" she drew a "difference" between civil partnerships and marriage.
But the committed Christian, who has been married twice, gave her personal definition of marriage as ‘a man and a woman living together’, in a YouTube interview with Florian Mundt, a YouTube known under the alias LeFloid who has a significant online following.
“I’m someone who is very supportive of us eliminating all discrimination. We have come a long way; when I remember, 25 years ago, many people didn’t dare to say that they are gay or lesbian," she said, according to the Huffington Post.
“For me, personally, marriage is a man and a woman living together. That is my concept, but I support civil partnerships."
Ms Merkel went on to say stress that marriage should be strictly defined as between a man and a woman, adding: "I am for registered civil partnerships. I am for our not having any discrimination in tax legislation. And wherever we still find discrimination, we will continue to dismantle it," according to German broadcaster Deutsche Welle.
Explaining further, the German leader said: "I don’t want discrimination and [i]equality, but I make a difference at some point."
In May, Ms Merkel ruled out introducing same-sex marriage in Germany following the referendum in Ireland.

A spokesperson for the Chancellor told Reuters news agency at the time: “Today was an important milestone in dismantling discrimination and the chancellor is pleased about that… but same-sex marriages are not a goal of this government."
read more:
German government rules out introducing same-sex marriage
Greek debt crisis: 'Who will trust Germany after this?'
Men holding hands on Russian streets face hatred
A spokesman for UK LGBT charity Stonewall said: "Can someone really support ‘eliminating all discrimination’ if they believe that same-sex unions shouldn’t be labelled as ‘marriages’?
“It must be a quiet week for Angela if her current concern is synonyms."
Merkel, a former research scientist, is the daughter of a Lutheran minister and has described herself as a member of the evangelical church.
Her party, the Christian Democratic Union, is the German equivalent of the British Conservative Party.

independent.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone surprised of such a statement coming from an ex-fascist country?
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Marriage is a man and a woman living together
How about fuck you, stupid bitch. No one cares what you personally define things as. Keep that to yourself, and do your job.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 17, 2015 at 5:25 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: Anyone surprised of such a statement coming from an ex-fascist country?

Hey now....it didn't come from a country, your own link says 75% of Germans support same sex marriage.
(July 17, 2015 at 5:46 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
(July 17, 2015 at 5:25 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: Anyone surprised of such a statement coming from an ex-fascist country?

Hey now....it didn't come from a country, your own link says 75% of Germans support same sex marriage. And can you give me a link to where she says the first line of he OP? its not in the article you linked.
You can google it yourself with these keywords: "independent merkel gay marriage".
And I was talking about the government, not about the citizens.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Nvm, didn't see the yt link. The government-or more precisely, the dominating party which is the only one opposed to same sex marriage-hardly constitutes a country IMO, but whatever.

Also, if marriage = man and woman living together, does that mean we're legalizing incest Huh
I live with my fiancé but we're not married. BUTT SHE SAIZ Wii R!

CONFUZED.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
WAIT WHAT AM I MARRIED TO MY FAMILY NOW
(July 17, 2015 at 5:55 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Nvm, didn't see the yt link. The government-or more precisely, the dominating party which is the only one opposed to same sex marriage-hardly constitutes a country IMO, but whatever.

Also, if marriage = man and woman living together, does that mean we're legalizing incest Huh

only if your sister enjoyed it!  Otherwise it's rape! Tongue
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Personally I define Germany as a pot of marmalade. Therefor I can stick my knife in it and spread it on my toast.

MAKE IT LAW
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 17, 2015 at 6:16 am)Neimenovic Wrote: WAIT WHAT AM I MARRIED TO MY FAMILY NOW

Ewww....my children live with me. Better kick those kids out because I don't want to be married to them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to bring equality to man and woman. I have the solution Ramus932 4 548 June 13, 2020 at 9:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  As a man of pastels and neon colors. Brian37 22 2298 July 15, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's (re-)watch a series on Netflix together. Mystic 33 3764 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  A woman proposes to a man Graufreud 13 1331 August 10, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5248 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  AF Get Together US East Coast 2018 Joods 71 6056 October 26, 2017 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Feldman's Dad and The Man in the Moon rexbeccarox 9 2493 October 19, 2017 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Together we share ours dreams viocjit 41 5949 May 11, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Great marriage advice. Jehanne 52 12787 April 22, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6643 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1