Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to Rotherham, the city of Angels
Welcome to Rotherham, the city of Angels
It seems Rotherham councillors tried to suppress rape reports

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/roth...-1-7357292

Quote:Rotherham councillors ‘tried to keep a lid’ on the town’s grooming scandal, the professor who revealed the full extent of the problem has said.

Alexis Jay said the Labour-dominated council turned a blind eye to child sexual exploitation issues, partly because it involved offenders from a community ‘expected to vote Labour’.

In an interview with the Guardian, Professor Jay said the ethnicity of perpetrators, almost all of whom were believed to be of Pakistani heritage, was a ‘very complex issue’.

She said: “I understood that the community in Rotherham were described as coming from possibly three villages in Kashmir, and that this identification was very important to them.

“Their traditions and relationships, these were not sophisticated, they were very traditional.

“I was told by many people that previous generations had a different view about women’s place in their culture and their society that certainly wouldn’t accord with any sense that we have.

Professor Jay said she believed the Labour-dominated council turned a blind eye to the issue because of ‘their desire to accommodate a community that would be expected to vote Labour, to not rock the boat, to keep a lid on it, to hope it would go away’.

She added: “There are some people who can only see it as being one massive conspiracy with a single person at the centre of it. That’s not the case.

“It’s not possible, because these organisations and people were too disconnected. They were connected at a professional level, but they had different agendas.”

The interview comes almost a year after Professor Jay published her findings that at least 1,400 children had been victims of child sexual exploitation in the town between 1997 and 2013.

Former Rotherham Council leader Roger Stone, who resigned within minutes of the report being made public, later told MPs that the accusations in the report were ‘mostly vague and unsubstantiated’.

Professor Jay told the Guardian: “I am at a loss to know what other evidence people need.

“If that’s how he sees it, so be it. I’m not getting into an argument with him about it. For goodness sake. Would he like to look at every single one of the 937 cases we were given by his council and the police to examine? It might be enlightening.”

She has been assisting the National Crime Agency with their new investigation into the Rotherham scandal, which has identified around 300 potential suspects so far.

Professor Jay said she only has ‘middling’ confidence in whether the investigation will be a success.

She said: “I could not say with absolute confidence that some of the worst perpetrators would be brought to justice.”

Western politicians, as usual are very quick to sacrifice everything we hold as dear, sacred and important just for a few votes - And, dare I say, the left does it as often or more often than the right, even though in the past I believed the opposite.

Essentially, allowing rape for votes - seems very rational.

All bold is mine to emphasize important parts of the text
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Welcome to Rotterdam, the city of Angels
Quote:It seems Rotterdam councillors tried to suppress rape reports

Isn't Rotterdam in Holland?
(July 24, 2015 at 6:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:It seems Rotterdam councillors tried to suppress rape reports

Isn't Rotterdam in Holland?

Yes - As far as I know it hasn't been annexed lately - Why?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

In the quoted materials it states the situation is a very complicated.

An adult man sticking his penis in an eight year old girls vagina is a very clear and unambiguous case of RAPE.

I'm glad I could clarify that for everyone.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm)Dystopia Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 6:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Isn't Rotterdam in Holland?

You misspelled the city name in the Title.  The article is about Rotherham...which is, I guess, still in Britain.
(July 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm)Dystopia Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 6:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Isn't Rotterdam in Holland?

I think its Rotherham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_...on_scandal
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 24, 2015 at 7:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Yes - As far as I know it hasn't been annexed lately - Why?

You misspelled the city name in the Title.  The article is about Rotherham...which is, I guess, still in Britain.

That makes more sense.  The U.S. is more like the UK than Holland, so the UK being totally fucked up seems more plausible than that Holland is fucked up.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Welcome to Rotherham, the city of Angels
(July 24, 2015 at 7:52 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 7:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You misspelled the city name in the Title.  The article is about Rotherham...which is, I guess, still in Britain.

That makes more sense.  The U.S. is more like the UK than Holland, so the UK being totally fucked up seems more plausible than that Holland is fucked up.

Corrected Smile

(July 24, 2015 at 6:34 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Western politicians, as usual are very quick to sacrifice everything we hold as dear, sacred and important just for a few votes - And, dare I say, the left does it as often or more often than the right, even though in the past I believed the opposite.

Do they? I guess they have a lot of catching up to do considering the size of the stinking pile left by the late and unlamented Jimmy Savile and his august crew of fellow child molesters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...arliament/
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Welcome to Rotherham, the city of Angels
(July 24, 2015 at 8:02 pm)Dystopia Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 7:52 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: That makes more sense.  The U.S. is more like the UK than Holland, so the UK being totally fucked up seems more plausible than that Holland is fucked up.

Corrected Smile

Although you have corrected the title of the thread, you still have it wrong in your opening post.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 920 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tornado Strikes Ottawa Many Homes Destroyed Massive Blackout Across The City Amarok 19 2119 September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 688 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  City College Holds "Active Shooter Drill" Rhondazvous 9 1439 April 3, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake vorlon13 45 7712 September 20, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Funeral For Quebec City Victims Amarok 2 670 February 3, 2017 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  California city councilman accuses gays of stealing the rainbow from God in wild emai rado84 0 1132 July 8, 2015 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar" pocaracas 12 2856 December 22, 2014 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Welcome to Darfur, Michigan Minimalist 26 3818 October 1, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Around 1,400 Rotherham children 'sexually exploited over 16-year period' Diablo 4 1260 September 9, 2014 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: fr0d0