Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar"
Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30571911

Quote:A driver shouting the Islamic phrase "God is great" in Arabic has run down pedestrians in Dijon, France, injuring 11, two seriously, French media say.

He was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.

He is said to be "apparently imbalanced" and to have spent time in a psychiatric hospital.

French police shot dead a man on Saturday after he attacked them with a knife, also shouting "God is great".

The lives of the two people seriously injured in Dijon are not said to be in danger.

Witnesses told police the driver, aged around 40, had also said he was "acting for the children of Palestine", an unnamed source close to the investigation told AFP news agency.

So religion, hey?... Does wonders for people!
RE: Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar"
Religion and mental illness - not good bedfellows.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar...
(December 22, 2014 at 6:51 am)Alex K Wrote: Religion and mental illness - not good bedfellows.

Some might say they're first cousins.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar...
Does anyone else see that and think that terrorists are getting lazy?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Dijon, France - Driver targets city pedestrians while shouting "Allahu Ackbar"
They've just lost all ambition.
(December 22, 2014 at 6:53 am)abaris Wrote:
(December 22, 2014 at 6:51 am)Alex K Wrote: Religion and mental illness - not good bedfellows.

Some might say they're first cousins.

Or brothers, rather like Death and Sleep
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Just so you know, the phrase is translated accurately - Allah is greatest.
Why doesn't the media tell the truth about that?
(December 22, 2014 at 8:52 am)professor Wrote: Just so you know, the phrase is translated accurately - Allah is greatest.
Why doesn't the media tell the truth about that?

The truth about what? The accurate translation, or the greatness of Allah?

And YHWH of the OT keeps waving his foam finger and yelling I'm number One, I'm number One!
Compensating perhaps?
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
Maybe he just wanted to give them some Grey Poupon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1597 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] Woman raped while onlookers did nothing LadyForCamus 115 6050 October 19, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 917 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 551 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Vive L' France! Minimalist 6 570 November 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tornado Strikes Ottawa Many Homes Destroyed Massive Blackout Across The City Amarok 19 2117 September 24, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  While 45 is busy vilifying entire groups.... Brian37 11 706 September 22, 2018 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 687 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  another dead and 4 injured in France ignoramus 7 851 May 13, 2018 at 5:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  City College Holds "Active Shooter Drill" Rhondazvous 9 1428 April 3, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37