Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Studios Original Series
Amazon Studios Original Series
What is your opinion of aspiring screenwriters and movie makers starting out by making movies or original series via Amazon Studios?
RE: Amazon Studios Original Series
Pretty sure Jeffrey Tambor is going to win an Emmy for Transparent this year, which is an Amazon Original Series.

Non-cable original series like House of Cards, or OITNB are blockbusters. It's the way to go.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 27, 2015 at 2:58 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Pretty sure Jeffrey Tambor is going to win an Emmy for Transparent this year, which is an Amazon Original Series.

Non-cable original series like House of Cards, or OITNB are blockbusters. It's the way to go.

You may be right in light of those points you make. This is the digital age after all now. Thanks. Smile
Ohohoho let me try my luck. Who knows maybe I'm the next TV billionaire mogul! I uploaded script for TV comedy show on Amazon and just spent hour and a half writing this shit so someone better read it and perhaps give me few pointers or I just spent all that hour and a half + time to make the photo for nothing. It's only 14 pages long so come on.

The future TV show is called "Unfuckable"  and it's about few supermodels and a gay guy stranded on a deserted island.

https://studios.amazon.com/projects/84111

I can already smell all that money from franchise and also people admiring me on Comic-Con...
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I recently just finished watching House of Cards (all three seasons) on Netflix (shortly after Arrested Development Season 4). I haven't watched any Amazon-Prime exclusive series, although I'm just waiting for Woody Allen's attempt at a series (a development he seems, by all accounts, to be regretting.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
That's why my show "The Unfuckable" will not only gain stellar popularity, but also bring much needed reputation to a higher level for Amazon Studios.
But you know waiting for this to get approved it really got me thinking what the heck am I gonna do with all that money and Emmys and not to mention fame? Really. So, I would like use this chance to ask you all what do you think, when I start going to Kimmel and Fallon, should I mention that I'm an atheist? Surely on Charlie Rose and Howard Stern I can say and discuss it since they are serous shows, but Fallon and Kimmel? Especially Kimmel who seems to be catholic - will I spite the audience and lose some ratings?

These are all problems of this new famous person I'm becoming in just two months after the approve "The Unfuckable". I really wish there was some prep school for new celebrities, because suddenly I'm faced with this totally new world and it's problems. Just imagine I won't be able even to walk to the goddamn whorehouse without people herding around to make a slefie with me and what if then someone pokes my eye with a selfie stick? People are generally clumsy, especially in large crowds where they are competing who's gonna be more excited. And then the whorehouse itself. Many hoes will want to give me freebies and will I insult one if I accept free blowjob from the other that offered me free rimjobs and handjobs just because I feel that they for a BJ?
Do I have to put other people's feelings in front of mine?
Or the fact that I will have to mask myself when I go to the concerts because my evident presence would make the band devote every song performance to me?
AND THEN he biggest horror: since I'm beginning on TV how hard will it take to climb to movies? I mean after few years Emmys start to look like solace for beggars. I surely deserve many Oscars so maybe career on TV is not that smart move.
Really, I feel like I'm gonna go like Lady Di when it comes to fame.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror TV series MR. Macabre 666 9 680 May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Wheel of Time (tv series) Foxaèr 24 2571 November 26, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who did it better, the original or the cover? Brian37 44 2698 November 6, 2020 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1940 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Music remakes you think better than original Brian37 25 1925 July 5, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment Fake Messiah 17 1472 May 24, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  "Get Out" won best original screenplay? Foxaèr 21 3476 March 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2018 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 355 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 753 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie