Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment
Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment
[Image: 272Btr20_o.jpg]

[Image: x8tmJT4U_o.jpg]

[Image: OAXxPTJs_o.jpg]

Quote:These images, which Groening teased Tuesday, give a fuller picture of the “Disenchantment” realm of Dreamland, a medieval kingdom inhabited by the raucous princess Bean. Together with a pair of companions — an elf friend named Elfo and demon companion Luci — the three of them embark on a number of Dreamland misadventures, bringing them in contact with beings and entities of all sorts.
All 10 episodes of “Disenchantment” will premiere Aug. 17 on Netflix.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/disench...201967651/

This looks like it's better suited for Groening than "Futurama". I mean I did like few episodes of "Futurama" and the characters, but I got bored with it pretty quickly and also it got kind of too fantastical for SF, so perhaps fantasy is a logical step.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment
Matt Groaning is still alive?
If this isn't as good as it looks I'll be so disappointed. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be political in some way.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Stop pumping up something I'm suppose to be boycotting. god damn tease!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Get back to me when they start up Dave the Barbarian again...
Dying to live, living to die.
Futurama was his best show. I’d take it over The Simpsons any day.
Eh, I never really could get into Futurama. I'm more of a Simpsons guy.
I haven't watched the Simpsons for about ten years.

It's also been years since I watched Futurama.
Dying to live, living to die.
Well, Futurama did end at season seven, and The Simpsons is still going strong. I think that says it all.
(May 23, 2018 at 6:12 pm)Kit Wrote: Well, Futurama did end at season seven, and The Simpsons is still going strong.  I think that says it all.

You have earned death by SnuSnu. 

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horror TV series MR. Macabre 666 9 675 May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Wheel of Time (tv series) Foxaèr 24 2525 November 26, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1998 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 354 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 747 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  TV Series themes from our childhood abaris 116 6984 August 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Amazon Studios Original Series ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1915 August 10, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tv Series Excited Penguin 6 1675 July 12, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: c172
  Game of thrones (HBO series) **spoilers galore** pocaracas 19 3372 May 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Divergent Series by Veronica Roth NoraBrimstone 0 1386 June 15, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone