Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horror TV series
Horror TV series
In your opinion, was is/was the best horror series on TV? Mine would probably have to be American Horror Story, with Salem, Supernatural, Sabrina, and the X-Files also having a spot on my list.
Hopefully, Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities will be back for another season. You could argue that Stranger Things qualifies for this list as well. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, Millennium was cool, until it went off the rails in the second season.

My favorite season of AHS is probably Sanitarium or Roanoke.
Any thoughts?
Am I forgetting anything?
RE: Horror TV series
Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Gilligan’s Island (no particular order).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Black Mirror.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Evening News, any channel.
Ditto to slamma by Sama. Also, anything with rap in it.
American Gothic 1995, only one season but had Gary Cole as Sheriff Lucas Buck, aka possibly Satan; and Sarah Paulson as the ghostly Merlyn Temple.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
The Masters of Horror was pretty good.

I guess the best episode was about a movie collector who is trying to find the ultimate cult film which makes anyone who watches it commit suicide. We also learn that the movie features the mutilation of an actual angel.

There was also a "hilarious" episode about a religious fanatic (or as we call them: Christians) who is trying to save his daughter from getting an abortion from the abortion clinic while her child is Satan himself.

Consequently, both episodes were done by John Carpenter.

Also, the horror show that I immensely enjoyed was "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina".
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The vast bulk of TV is a horror.
The first two seasons of Enterprise or anything after the pilot for Lost.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Indeed. Take "Full House", it starts with words

What ever happened to predictability?
The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.

You miss your old familiar friends
Waiting just around the bend

And then you realize that they are indeed gone. Wtf happened to the milkman, the paperboy, and evening TV? Did something eat them? And you become scarred and depressed.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Realm of Horror Foxaèr 26 1504 November 10, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1053 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Horror fiction MR. Macabre 666 16 968 May 25, 2023 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Wheel of Time (tv series) Foxaèr 24 2443 November 26, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1882 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Matt Groening’s new series: Disenchantment Fake Messiah 17 1409 May 24, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 1950 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Just turned off the New Hawaii Five O series..... Brian37 0 349 December 15, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 732 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  American Horror Story S07 Foxaèr 12 2454 October 28, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr